• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way Debt Collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robinson Way Debt Collectors

We have here about 100 letters from DCA trying to get us to pay not one has any proof of the debt just an account number a Creditor and sum allegedly owed if a debtor wants to pay they will ask questions DCAs operate in this way

Comment

Hi everyone I wondered if I could get some advice.I recieved a letter from Robinson way today and as I didn't no what it was regarding phoned the number I was told I owe money adding upto £750 to o2,i don't remember ever been with o2 so explained that I really don't recall ever having phones with this company which goes back 10years.I asked for them to tell me when these contracts if contracts where taken out,I was told that there not sure but the last payment was 5th july 2004,I asked if they could tell me what address was given when this was taken out and couldn't answer either.i've been though alot of stress the last ten years becoming a single mum of 3 and attacked and many more things that I cannot recall ever taking any phone out,what can I do.I'm really in need of some advice.will I have to pay this.thanks for any advice in advance.

Comment

Clarissa
        Can you start a new thread please as this is someone else's. Thanks

Comment

Yes I'm very sorry,very new to this.I did realise I had put it in the wrong place I have got it right now.thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by CLARISSA View Post
            Hi everyone I wondered if I could get some advice.I recieved a letter from Robinson way today and as I didn't no what it was regarding phoned the number I was told I owe money adding upto £750 to o2,i don't remember ever been with o2 so explained that I really don't recall ever having phones with this company which goes back 10years.I asked for them to tell me when these contracts if contracts where taken out,I was told that there not sure but the last payment was 5th july 2004,I asked if they could tell me what address was given when this was taken out and couldn't answer either.i've been though alot of stress the last ten years becoming a single mum of 3 and attacked and many more things that I cannot recall ever taking any phone out,what can I do.I'm really in need of some advice.will I have to pay this.thanks for any advice in advance.
            Hi

Sorry to hear you are a victim of Robinson way.

Thank you to all who helped me with my issues, which was subsequently cancelled. Big thank you to Flaming parrot.

If you genuinely did not take out a contract with O2 and default a payment don't worry. Robinson way most likely don't have anything to prove it with. There are a number of prove it letter templates he you can use to reply asking for proof. Read back on this thread for the example I used.

Debt recovery is a stressful thing to be faced with. Most people including myself initially thought omg I have to pay this! Knowledge is power. Don't ignore their letters in case of a ccj.

This is not your debt, they have no right to scare you. Send them a reply using the templates to request only letter communication. They can't come to your door, this is harassment. A phone contract needs a bank account to setup so you can prove you have never paid for it with your statements.

Good luck and don't stress too much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by modder View Post
              Sorry to hear you are a victim of Robinson way.

Thank you to all who helped me with my issues, which was subsequently cancelled. Big thank you to Flaming parrot.
              You're very welcome :yo:

If you genuinely did not take out a contract with O2 and default a payment don't worry. Robinson way most likely don't have anything to prove it with. There are a number of prove it letter templates he you can use to reply asking for proof. Read back on this thread for the example I used.
              I have posted an updated version of the prove it letter on Clarissa's other thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...034#post472034 because the OFT ceased to exist and its functions were taken over by the FCA from April 1st 2014. :thumb:

Debt recovery is a stressful thing to be faced with. Most people including myself initially thought omg I have to pay this! Knowledge is power. Don't ignore their letters in case of a ccj.

This is not your debt, they have no right to scare you. Send them a reply using the templates to request only letter communication. They can't come to your door, this is harassment.
              A phone contract needs a bank account to setup so you can prove you have never paid for it with your statements.
              I couldn't have put it any better! :clap2:

Comment

Ok there is help. are you still with Natwest?. If so get all your statements from Natwest for the past 7 years and have a look to see if anyone owes you money any charges interest fees and overdraft charges. 2 were you paying any PPI on your loan you probably was reclaim it ask your bank first then contact a PPI reclaiming team do it with the bank first they will probably turn around and say yes you was or no you was not certainty that you hopefully did reclaim oversees charges phone charges utility charges credit card charges etc then get your policies with Apex.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X