• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

M & s store/credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M & s store/credit card

Hi Folks, I have just send off a for claiming PPI on the card as above.

When I telephoned the M & S PPI Dept, the lady was very helpful and said I had ppi on my card from when it was taken out - this was in 1995. The PPI was cancelled in 2008 - I think this is when M & S stopped selling the PPI policies. If I should be successful would I be entitled to PPI from 1995 therefore?

Also wonder if anyone else has had experience claiming PPI from M & S - I'm sure I did see something on here and from memory it wasn't looking good, though I could be wrong

Daisy

Re: M & s store/credit card

Hiya

I have not actually had any direct dealings with M/S myself, but definately worth a shot.

The way I see it, you were actually confirmed of the PPI and the year etc, so they must still hold the details, they cannot exactly say now that they hold no info because they have already confirmed they do lol.
    So with that, you should try to reclaim all the way back from 1995, there should be no excuse for them really.

You could also request a Subject Access Request (SAR) if you wish to.
    I can post one up for you if you want to do this, its up to you.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DAISYC3CJS View Post
      I have just send off a for claiming PPI on the card as above.

When I telephoned the M & S PPI Dept, the lady was very helpful and said I had ppi on my card from when it was taken out - this was in 1995. The PPI was cancelled in 2008 - I think this is when M & S stopped selling the PPI policies. If I should be successful would I be entitled to PPI from 1995 therefore?

Also wonder if anyone else has had experience claiming PPI from M & S - I'm sure I did see something on here and from memory it wasn't looking good
      Sorry to intrude but I notice this thread refers to an M & S store card which may have morphed into an M & S credit card (without new Ts & Cs etc) which could change everything legally speaking (I've read your other threads).

Comment

Hi folks, very pleased to tell you that my M & S PPI claim has been upheld, so I'm a happy bunny. I do however, have an outstanding balance with them and even though this will be deducted, the balance of a few ££ will be sent to me. Result!

However, the same cannot be said for Barclaycard (see separate thread)

Again my thanks to all on here who have helped and advised me with this and previous PPI cases, don't know what I would have done without you xx

Daisy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X