• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GPB Solicitors closed down by the SRA due to suspected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPB Solicitors closed down by the SRA due to suspected

dishonesty of an employee, Daniel Clarke.

Trading as: GPB Solicitors LLP
    Firm address: GPB House, Arden Court, Arden Street, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6NT
    SRA ID: 560888

The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 32(1)(a) of Schedule 2 to the Administration of Justice Act 1985 (as amended) that GPB Solicitors LLP has failed to comply with rules applicable to it by virtue of section 9 of that Act.
    The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 32(1)(d) of Schedule 2 to the Administration of Justice Act 1985 (as amended) that there is reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of a employee of a recognised body in connection with that body's business, namely Mr Daniel Clarke, an employee of the firm, in connection with the firm’s business.
    The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 1 (2) (a) of Schedule 14 of the Legal Services Act 2007 that one or more of the terms of the licensed body’s license have not been complied with.
    The Committee is satisfied in accordance with paragraph 1 (2) (d) of Schedule 14 of the Legal Services Act 2007 that there was reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of any manager or employee of the licensed body namely Mr Daniel Clarke, an employee of the licensed body, in connection with that body’s business.
    Intervening agents

John Owen of Gordons LLP, Forward House, 8 Duke Street, Bradford, BD1 3QX has been appointed as the intervening agent. For enquiries please call 01274 709516 or email xxxxx .
    http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...560888.article

These solicitors were used by a number of debt collection companies such as IQOR, Intrum Justitia, to issue court proceedings against debtors. They also dealt with Private Parking ticket 'fines'.

Notice on their website today reads
    The offices of GPB have been closed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. For further information please call 01274 703903 or email gpb@gordonsllp.com.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 10th October 2013, 08:23:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: GPB Solicitors closed down by the SRA due to suspected

I'm sure I have had a missive or 10 from GBP....I shall now keep them for posterity..they may be worth something in years to come lol

Comment

Oh I've had several dealings with these "people" over the years

This has warmed the cockles of my heart, whilst also surprising me that the SRA actually do something!

Comment

I wonder what they did wrong and how many complaints it took for the SRA to close them down?

Comment

SRA definition of 'suspected dishonesty'

Suspected dishonesty

We do not tolerate dishonesty within the profession we regulate. Those we regulate are in a position of trust. Personal integrity is central to their role and they are bound by our Principles to protect client money and assets, and to act in the public interest. Solicitors and other individuals that we regulate are often trusted with large amounts of client money. Therefore it is essential that those we regulate act honestly and in their clients' best interests.
          If you think a person or firm, regulated by us, has been dishonest towards you or a third party, contact us immediately via our contact centre or use our report a solicitor page.
          Dishonesty can take many different forms—from misleading a client about a document, to complex frauds. We treat any form of dishonesty seriously, because they pose a serious risk to clients and the public interest, as well as jeopardising the reputation of the profession.
          A finding of dishonesty against a person regulated by us has serious consequences for him or her. Therefore, we must be absolutely sure that he or she has been dishonest.
          I presume this has to do with Client money as the announcement about GPB does state the SRA have control of the client money but not money owing to trade creditors.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

​oooh..so maybe Dannyboy had a dabble where he shouldn't have??

Comment

Trouble is, Amethyst, when something like this flags up, it starts alarm bells ringing in the sense that if they have been dishonest in one respect, what else have they been dishonest about.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                Trouble is, Amethyst, when something like this flags up, it starts alarm bells ringing in the sense that if they have been dishonest in one respect, what else have they been dishonest about.
                ​Everything??????

Comment

There is another solicitor for rent they need to investigate but then again his wife is a member of the SRA allegedly

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X