• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lancashire Mortgage / Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancashire Mortgage / Blemain Finance

Over the years I have had many dealings with these bullying parasites-however, I recently asked for a list of all charges applied to my account since inception of my mortgage (Commercial) and then asked for a breakdown of all work alledgedly done for all charges ovd er £30- Lancashire now says that it is sorry and charges have incorrectly been charged to my account in the amount of £10,000 plus interest-YES TEN THOUSAND POUNDS I also think that I have only just scratched the surface of this and I will be digging deeper-So I urge all of you with a problem with these Unprofessional lenders-to challenge charges applied to your account-These parasites can not get away with this much longer.
    Tags: None

Re: Lancashire Mortgage / Blemain Finance

i wish i had found this site before i had to sell , i originally took out a loan 8 years ago with blemain after a number of illness they took me to court time and time again, in the end i could not stand the phone calls and 3 letters at least a week so sold up, they charged me a extra 20k on top of the amount borrowed i have asked them on 4 occasions now to provide me with a full breakdown as the charges/orginal amount and arearrs dont come to that amount, can anyone direct me where to go now as i have already paid this off and lost my house

Comment

Originally posted by yt65 View Post
      i wish i had found this site before i had to sell , i originally took out a loan 8 years ago with blemain after a number of illness they took me to court time and time again, in the end i could not stand the phone calls and 3 letters at least a week so sold up, they charged me a extra 20k on top of the amount borrowed i have asked them on 4 occasions now to provide me with a full breakdown as the charges/orginal amount and arearrs dont come to that amount, can anyone direct me where to go now as i have already paid this off and lost my house
      Have you ever sent a SAR to them? That should yield all the necessary documents.

Comment

i have no idea what a sar is can you advise?

Comment

i have no idea what a sar is can you advise?
          SAR stands for Subject Access Request, it's a request for all information held about you under the Data Protection Act. When you send such a request, they should send you all statements and other documents pertaining to your account. I'll post up the template shortly. :typing:

Comment

This is the SAR letter, it should be sent recorded delivery so you can track it, enclosing a PO for £10. They have 40 days to respond. :typing:

Dear Sirs

Ref: xyz

Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which, in any way appertains to me, including (but not exhaustively) a copy of the original signed executed agreement; statements of account; duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions; all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memos, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts; notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes, copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails; any other information held on all types of media in any relevant filing system. If you have disclosed any information to a third party (with or without my express permission), will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action passed or pending (to include a true copy of default notices, court orders and the like).

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge, and the Term or Condition on which you rely upon to claim such a charge. I also require that you forward, within the above mentioned time scale, a true copy of the Terms and Conditions that were in force at the time my account was opened, and any subsequent amendments to those Terms and Conditions.

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by you about myself. You have 40 days in which to comply with this request.

Y
            ours faithfully,

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

Are they still chasing you for a shortfall?

Comment

I have paid my loan back in full to Blemain. They are chasing me for over £14k in late payment fees, and I am fighting them.

Make sure they send you the underwriting sheet and loan and affordability declaration.

Comment

no shortfall and thanks for the advice about the declaration

Comment

whats the latest on this

Comment

Yes ask them again-send it recorded delivery-ask for a complete breakdown of all charges over £30 let me know what they say (inbox me) if no joy I can direct you to a really good solicitor who will deal with these parasites!

Comment

Well well Its Xmas Eve and the parasites ie Lancashire Mortgage are taking me to Court in Feb-they won't know whats hit them-fight I will. If anybody has any quarms with them inbox me and I will see what i can do.

Comment

Can i please clarify does a SAR apply to a non regulated Commercial Mortgage?

Comment

Yes it does and un-regulated loans are regulated by English law in particular. Consumer Credit Act 140 1974 Unfair Relationships. which can be wide ranging. Nobody really Knows the true success rate of this law because of out of court settlements gagging the people using it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X