• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ernest Wilson

Hi there Eli.. I am working on it hun. certainly not going to let them win without a fight..

Comment

Got them, ta xxx Having a look through.

Just as an aside...

Limited Companies and/or Limited Liability Partnerships

7.0 You understand that if you sign this contract as a Director, Officer or. on behalf of a Limited Company or on behalf of a Limited Liability

Partnership and that Limited Company or Partnership is unable to meet its commitments or enters into liquidation or iff .e case of a Limited Company enters into amalgamation (and the amalgamated company shall not settle the account made by Ernest Wilson in accordance with this agreement) or shall fail to settle the account within 28 days then you hereby give your irrevocable personal guarantee that you will settle Ernest Wilson's account in full within 14 days of the account being issued and under this guarantee you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions contained herein as if you had signed this contract as a private individual.
      I don't think that would stand up as a personal guarantee.

Not highly relevant in this case as it wasn't a Ltd co etc, but for others it is worth looking into.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Am I right in thinking Amethyst hasn't been on line for a couple of days????? Please help guys!!! since he emailed said paperwork 2/11/15 he is harassing me daily.. His last email said he will carry on with court proceedings on Wednesday if he hasn't received payment?????

Comment

Ernest Wilsons contact is not legal.
          It MUST be signed by them BEFORE you sign.
          Contact - removed
          Last edited by Amethyst; 7th November 2015, 18:06:PM.

Comment

Not entirely sure that is a legal requirement Ian. It isn't a credit agreement for starters. But happy if you want to point me to the legislation/regulations that confirm your view.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Dont know if this is of any help
              Re the commission - seem to remember some caselaw where Foxtons claimed commission against the sale of a property despite them not introducing the buyer - Foxtons lost

Comment

Office of Fair Trading v Foxtons. That was the UTCCR and unfair terms, because the landlords were deemed as consumers (ie they were letting out a property not as part of their trade or business )

I do think there are some arguments that a business owner - particularly a sole trader - should be deemed a consumer as they are acting outside the course of their business, but no one seems to agree with me.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

This one Cyn?
                  http://www.theratandmouse.co.uk/webl...s_lose_co.html
                  Foxtons v Bicknell [2008] EWCA Civ 419,
                  Last edited by des8; 7th November 2015, 08:59:AM. Reason: further link

Comment

There is a later judgment which rules sole selling rights commission is fair - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2010/1552.html
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

However whether a 'forever' sole selling agreement is fair could be another matter.... most estate agents have a 12 week type sole selling rights, not a forever unless you cancel with 6 months notice agreement.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        There is a later judgment which rules sole selling rights commission is fair - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2010/1552.html

I think the main issue we have is it is a B2B contract, and even if it were a B2C contract it does contain individually negotiated terms ( flat commission of £2k rather than the standard %)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Foxtons case http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...arges-Judgment

( can't find a copy of the actual Judgment atm, I'm sure we have it somewhere)
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Foxtons case http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...arges-Judgment

( can't find a copy of the actual Judgment atm, I'm sure we have it somewhere)
                            http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2008/419.html

Comment

That's the previous picknell one. Here's the OFT v Foxtons judgment
                              Attached Files
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Handily that quotes the definition of consumer - save me relooking it up
                                ‘consumer’ means any natural person who, in contracts covered by
                                this Directive, is acting for the purposes which are outside his trade,
                                business or profession;

Is selling your property ( which includes your business and home) acting for purposes inside or outside the business?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X