• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ernest Wilson

Originally posted by Charlie brown View Post
    I am waiting for more up to date one. But yours is better than nothing.
    If that's a Freedom of Information request it'll take up to 40 working days I'm afraid.

Comment

With thanks to a friend, here's yet another example of an estate agent using litigation as their preferred tool for dispute resolution - it seems that even residential sellers can't expect the regulatory authories to provide them with any protection: http://penyards-estateagents-countryproperties-ournightmare.co.uk

Comment

• Re: Ernest Wilson Debt

Originally posted by Mickeyb View Post
        Hi, i,m sorry to here about this case and not sure if this info can help. 3 of their directrs were fined last year for breaching regulations regarding the way they issue client seller copy of the contract. I recently did a subject access request of all information they hold on me and my business and found the contract they issued to me was different to the one I originally signed. I suggest you check the contract they sent to you! If the contract you signed had the written details on page 1, including the selling price but the one they provided you with has a different 1st page with printed writing `Terms Of Business` on it, it could well be unenforaceable in court. Check yours with a lawyer. Hope this helps.
        Hello

August 2011 I was approached by Ernest & Wilson to selling my business under no sales no fee basis. For pass 2 years I haven't heard much from them other than regular statement says how much advertising and general statement indicate fee cost from advertising for our reference. In April I received letter demand for late payment so I rang them and found out what happen, apparently they cancel my contract without any advance warning. I told them to send me detail or email me as post often loss in the post then I'll respond in writing with suitable arrangement but I've not heard anything until today received court claim demanding for full advertising fee + interest £4696.
        I did some reading through legal beagles forum relate to ERNEST WILSON threads, then digging out the paperwork that found my copy of contract is not same as original one that they sent copy to CMCC with my signature, the original contract Page 1 of 4 which is first piece of paper with hand written detail of valuation and detail of business selling then follows by business T&C pages, but my copy is missing that first page it just start from page 1 of 4 is Business T&C no information about my business. Does this mean I've a case to defend that my contract is not valid similar to NFOPP http://www.nfopp.co.uk/media/221848/...co_limited.pdf that prosecute them back in 2012? What advice I should do next?

Comment

Hi Ian, did you WIN this case? I am in similar situation which EW taken me to county claim court for advertising fee which they was original agreed on no sales no fee, but been nearly 5 yrs now they pull out to expect us pay for advertise fee. What advice can you given as I didn't get the same contract as was originally signed which they sent copy to the CMCC?

Comment

Tran, sorry to hear about the problems you're having with EW. Sadly this seems to happen to many of their clients.

Have you complained to them in writing? You need to do that first before you can complain to an 'official' body, e.g. the property ombudsman.

Be aware that there's a deadline for responding to the court papers - if you're not sure what to do and need advice, many solicitors will provide a free initial consultation so that you can weigh up your options.

Comment

• Re: Ernest Wilson anybody please contact me in regards to this devious company

Originally posted by MalcolmD View Post
              Hi ,
              First of all the statement of Robert Williamson , who in my opinion a con man, is totally wrong. Any contract can be cancelled within 14 days.. that's UK and EU law.

Also, the best form of defence is attack, the next step is to contact the local police fraud squad and report the activities. I will support you on this. Ernest Wilson has cheated 100's of independent traders and I have the goal to have EW brought to justice. I refused to pay so am going first to the small claims court but ultimately I want to get the money back from EW .. many good people have been driven into serious debt because of them. I am writing to the courts with a FOI to get to know exactly how many people have they taken to court over the last 3 years.

If ALL of us get a reference number from the fraud squad then we stand a chance of not only having invoices revoked.. IMPORTANT revoke any invoice from EW because they are fraudulent.; but we can claim for expenses.
              can anybody with grievences with this company please contact me

- - - Updated - - -

CAN anybody please contact me witnh regards to this company EW or STUART MOORHOUSE

Comment

• Re: Ernest Wilson anybody please contact me in regards to this devious company

Originally posted by harry gordon View Post
                CAN anybody please contact me witnh regards to this company EW or STUART MOORHOUSE
                Harry, can I ask why?

Comment

Yes , no prob , they are threatening me with court action if i dont pay them about 6k ,but i have a cunning plan in place that just might bring EW TO ITS KNEES

Comment

i am aleady in touch with 3 of their previous clients ... the more the merrier .

Comment

Hi Tran , can you please contacy me regarding EW

Comment

Some good news from Andrew Penman at the Daily Mirror - business transfer agents don't always get away with it. RTA (Business Consultants) Limited's demand for £10k in fees was described as "unconscionable and excessive" by a judge: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/busines...manded-7752928

Comment

Some information from CEBTA that might be useful:

For help and information, go to CEBTA.ORG.UK and then click on RESOURCES. Ernest Wilson's 'contract' is usually unsigned by them and does not state that it is 'business to business'. The customer is told that at a later date - is the customer telepathic? If you have signed with Ernest Wilson (West Yorkshire) Limited, they did not join the Money Laundering Register until 14th May 2015 so any document you signed before that date is invalid. Search the Internet for RTA v Bracewell for proof. (e.g. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ounded-5359451)

Money Laundering Regulations registration number including suffix : 12812890 (00000)
                          Registered business name : ERNEST WILSONS (WEST YORKSHIRE) LTD
                          Business name : ERNEST WILSONS (WEST YORKSHIRE) LTD
                          Trading name (if exists) :
                          Trading address : THE BUSINESS CENTRE, DEANHURST PARK, GELDERD ROAD, LEEDS
                          Trading postcode : LS27 7LG
                          Types of Supervised Businesses : Estate agent business
                          Date registered : 14/05/2015

Comment

that looks like really good news

Comment

EW has had a spate of five star reviews on allagents and Google recently - nice to see they have some happy customers too...

Comment

Hi Ian
                                I'm thinking of going to court to settle a matter with these guys. How did you get on?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X