• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB PPI

I took out a credit card with Lloyds TSB in October 2001. I have recently received a copy of my application form and statements for this account. My application was filled in by someone at the bank and the Asset payment protection box was ticked. I can't remember if I agreed to this or not.

On checking the statements I found that the first one was dated 10/07/02 and had an amount for Cardholder Protection Plan added. On 10/11/2004 this changed to Payment Protection cover.

At the time I applied for the credit card I would have got 3 months full pay from the company I worked for if I had been away from work due to illness or accident.

Do you think I should lodge a complaint?
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds TSB PPI

Yes, for both PPI and the Card Protection Plan (CPP).

Did you apply for the card in the Bank or by post?

Comment

I applied for the card at the bank and the application was filled in by the person I had the appointment with.

Comment

So, you made the application for the Card in the Bank. But when did you take out the Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and Card Protection Plan (CPP)? (PPI and CPP are two different products!)

Your post is somewhat ambiguous? As you state that you took out the Card in October 2001 but that the first PPI payment was not shown on the statements until 10 July 2002?
        Therefore, are you saying that you didnt take out the PPI until 10 July 2002 or, that it was added without your requesting same?

Please note, if you took out the PPI at the same time as the application for credit and that a member of Lloyds TSB Bank completed the form for you. Then you can not say that the PPI was mis-sold, as the PPI sale would be deemed as advised!

Finally, PPI and CPP are two different products thus one cannot morph into another...

Comment

On the application form something called Asset payment protection was ticked.

When I received the application form and statements for this card after sending a SAR letter to Lloyds TSB there were no statements before 10/07/02. Therefore some statements are missing. From 10/07/02 until 10/10/04 I was charged for a Cardholder Protection Plan.

From10/11/04 the CPP changed to Payment Protection Cover.

I realise that CPP and PPI are different products and this is why there is something not quite right about this.

This card went from Asset Payment Protection to Cardholder Protection Plan to Payment Protection Cover.

I hope that I have made the situation clearer and would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Comment

It would appear that you already made a SAR to Lloyds, as they have sent you some statements and the Application form.
            Even if, the information received resulted from an S78 CCA Request, Lloyds have not yet fully complied with either the SAR or, CCA request!

Lloyds, are required to provide everything that is within the four corners of the credit agreement and;
            as per S78 CCA, "any other document referred to in it".

Personally, I have not heard of Asset Payment Protection?
            https://www.abi.org.uk/~/media/Files...ts%202012.ashx

However, I am familiar with the mis-sale of CPP:
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...insurance.html

Sorry, that I cannot be more helpful at this time but I do think that you need to do a little more information gathering from Lloyds.

I state the above, because there is an obvious query about which protection plan you took out?
            Therefore, the query will be resolved when Lloyds provide you with an original copy of the Policy/T&C's that were current in 2001; they have to comply!

Comment

googled and found a thread on cag--seems the old TSB card were called Asset cards

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will certainly contact Lloyds TSB again.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                  googled and found a thread on cag--seems the old TSB card were called Asset cards
                  Brilliant Turbo, Thanks!
                  http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...no-info-on-PPI

Comment

I wrote to Lloyds on 5th October but received no acknowledgement so I phoned them this morning. The person I spoke to said that there was no ppi applied to this account and I would have to send them proof that there was.

I told him that I had sent a SAR letter and received an application form and statements that said there was ppi on the account and that if he read my letter he would see this.

He read the letter while I waited and said that Cardholder Protection Plan is different to PPI.

By this time I was getting rather angry and asked him if he had a copy of the original application on my file. He again said that I had to send proof of PPI.

He was a foreign gentleman and perhaps he didn't understand what I was talking about.

I will send a copy of the application form but your thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi there

CPP is also reclaimable but have you also tried calling into your local branch as well,maybe you will get more out of them x

Comment

Okay old thread, but it does look the case now on a new Lloyds scandal of them selling the other cover.

Therefore I checked one of my old statements on an Asset Account and it was already pre-crossed in the box for the ppi and the cover plan.
                        I did however make a successful reclaim on the PPI, but it looks like now the other will be coming into action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X