• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with Moneyway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with Moneyway

Hi all. This is my first post, so be gentle with me :-)
    i decided to VT my 57 plate vectra as I was in negative equity and was struggling to keep up payments, having just gone self-employed.
    I wrote to Moneyway using the template off here and they wrote back saying they would arrange an inspection. A guy from Scotia inspected the car, took it for a test drive and said no defects found on his report.
    i agreed to deliver the car to Manheim motor auctions in Bristol. Last Wed, off I headed with my son following in his car to bring me back.
    I got approx 25 miles (about half way) when there was an almighty bang! I stopped the car and found a large piece of very hot(!) metal at the side of the road. I rang the AA who came out and said it was the alternator pulley. They towed me to the auction house.
    moneyway are not happy as I delivered a non-runner. The AA said that it was wear and tear and no reflection of how the car had been looked after.
    i am now waiting for moneyway to write to me, but they have said on the phone that they will have another inspection done and will require me to pay for the damaged vehicle.
    Does anyone know how I stand with this as they had already had an inspection and already marked my credit file as Voluntary Terminated?
    Tags: None

Re: VT with Moneyway

Is the vehicle now in their possession ?

When exactly was the agreement terminated, this will be the date given on your VT notification probably one month after the last payment.

If the agreement termination was prior to the delivery of the car this will have to be argued, they will undoubtedly say that the termination was not effective until the vehicle was delivered, you will say that it was terminated when the notice says and the agreement was therefore ended.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X