• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RMA no response to CCA request...what do I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA no response to CCA request...what do I do?

Hi guys, here's another one of my debts which I am trying to take control of.

I defaulted on an American Express card 11 years ago for £4200, it was passed to RMA Resolve who I have been paying £17 to since the default with not one payment missed!! 2 months ago I sent in a CCA request and had no reply so I then sent in a 'This account is in serious dispute blah blah' letter....I still have had no response.....what should I do next? please help!
    Tags: None

Re: RMA no response to CCA request...what do I do?

sounds to me you are being cash cowed, they are in default of your request, I would stop paying them until they respond, and only then pay them if the CCA1974 is legitamit, peeps on here will tell if it is or not, you have sent dispute letter so see what happens if anything? others will respond as well!

Comment

I hate the term cash cowed as to my mind it makes me feel that the poster has done something wrong ......
      However I had a nectar card with Amex that went to RMA. When I cca'd them it took them ages to respond and I then I got what said was an inTRAnet application. I have not paid or heard from them since. Obviously the application was not an agreement and as I have never worked from Amex how the hell could I get on their intranet

Comment

*UPDATE*

I got a letter today from American Express (the original creditor) they are saying they cannot provide the information requested because they have not been provided with a signed letter of authority from me, they have sent my original letter to me asking for me to sign it, and they say they cannot proceed with their investigation into looking for the CA without it.....what should I do as I have been told NOT to sign anything which goes to a DCA or creditor ......PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Comment

Well they don't need a signature. You could try this
          DearSirs
          Refxxxxxxx
          Thank you for your letterdated XX/XX/XXXX, the contents of which have been noted. In yourletter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation beforeyou will comply with my CCA Request however, I'd like to draw yourattention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does notrequire that I supply you a copy of my signature. If it is for DataProtection purposes then I can supply you with documentation tosubstantiate my identity to you. However, I note that to date youhave happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensivesensitive private information to my address and so I wonder, if youare so concerned that you are corresponding with the correct personwhy has it taken you so long to raise this?
          As you are aware,disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary tothe 7th principal of Data Protection, listed in schedule 1 of theData protection Act 1998:
          • Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

I note that there is noprovision that removes the requirements of the act to provide thisinformation on time, even if you are unsure of my identity; whichtherefore means that this account looks likely to becomeunenforceable until such time you actually respond to my lawfulrequest for a copy of the agreement. I am not going to sign anythingas there is nothing that formally allows you to demand such, anyfuture failings will be swiftly reported to the regulatory bodies soI politely suggest you adhere to this refusal.
          I look forward toreceiving the documentation requested, within the next 14 days.
          Yoursfaithfully,

SignDigitally
          Either that or sign it with a bunch of XXXXXXXX through it or try this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...313#post138313

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X