• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Your Wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Wages

Just as a matter of interest and I know a lot of you won't remember the little brown envelope days (well not for your wages anyway).
    Would any of you like to go back to the weekly wage, in a little envelope and be able to pay your bills weekly.
    I know its probably not possible, but then again they do say nothing is impossible!!!
    I just wondered

And this is my thousands post lol so you best answer it or else !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Your Wages

Well done on your 1000th post Nelly

As fir the old `wage packet` many companies will not now do that as a result of the old `armed blagger` . I do remember getting a brown envelope weekly as a lad , but as it was in cash it used to burn a hole in my pocket and usually all be blown by Sunday.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

2 years ago I was still getting paid via brown envelope weekly, I found it easier to budget that way. No banks grabbing my money before I even saw it, I didn't have direct debit either used to pay everything in cash. I still wish I could do things that way I found it alot easier to stop myself (and my OH) over spending.

OH is rubbish with money and spend it before he even has it.... maybe I'm fine as I am maybe HE needs to be paid in a weekly envelope!!!msl:

Oh and BTW, congrats on reaching 1000!!!!
      When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I remember when i first started work in 1978, we used to get paid in cash on thursdays, this little old lady used to come round the offices with everyone's wages on a little trolly, and dole them out to us.

When I first started this job over two years ago, I had the choice of weekly of monthly, so I went for weekly. Worst mistake I ever made, got into a right mess, direct debits bouncing like a wallace barnes creation! problem is, with direct debits you can change the date, but not the DAY, so that meant that if the 17th (or whenever) was on a Friday or after, that was okay, but as we all know, the day of the month that a particular date falls on changes, so if it fell before friday payday then i was stuffed. and i never had enough to be able to budget to leave money in, so thats when i started getting stung with charges. After a few months of this i asked to change to monthly paid. Its much better, all the d/ds go out at the beginning of the month so we know exactly hats left for us. Usually nothing lol! We always seem to have too much month left at the end of the money, never the other way roundmsl:.
        Is no longer here

Comment

PS Congrats on 1000 Enaid, I'm halfway there, am over the 500 now and have turned into a Great Dane. Is that cos I eat a lot??????
          Is no longer here

Comment

My first wage packet was £6.50 and I had .52p stopped tax and insurance. Gave my mum a pound for my keep and had a 'night out' on Friday, how come I was never skint then ?

Comment

When I was in the Police I used to get brown envelopes full of money all the the time

Oops, sorry wrong subject, forget i said that

lol

msl:

Comment

I suppose that was from the 'managers' of those houses with Red Lights outside :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                  My first wage packet was £6.50 and I had .52p stopped tax and insurance. Gave my mum a pound for my keep and had a 'night out' on Friday, how come I was never skint then ?
                  You're very precise about the amounts, let me guess! you still have it msl:

Are you sure it was £6.50 and not £6. 10shillings
                  Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

You cheeky sod Liam, I always thought everyone remembered their first wage packet, just like their first kiss and all the other firsts in their lives.

Also I'll have you know I was still at school (just) when this country went over to decimal.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      You cheeky sod Liam, I always thought everyone remembered their first wage packet, just like their first kiss and all the other firsts in their lives.

Also I'll have you know I was still at school (just) when this country went over to decimal.
                      Goodness me Mrs, I was joking. I remember decimalisation, I was in the third year junior school. I remember learning a rhyme, 'We are clever we have found one hundred pennies make one pound.
                      Last edited by Happyolddog; 22nd January 2008, 09:26:AM.

Comment

My first weekly pay packet was £3 10s 6d. This meant I had 10s to spend per day. The 6d I saved, and that has blossomed into my £10,000,000 retirement fund

Comment

Originally posted by Niklowe View Post
                          My first weekly pay packet was £3 10s 6d. This meant I had 10s to spend per day. The 6d I saved, and that has blossomed into my £10,000,000 retirement fund
                          Wow £10 million and you're getting bank charges.msl:

Comment

That's where I have made my millions HOD.

Ps I'm really heading for a paupers grave, If I can't stop the kids spongeing! £10,000,000, I wish

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                              When I was in the Police I used to get brown envelopes full of money all the the time

Oops, sorry wrong subject, forget i said that

lol

msl:
                              ROFL!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X