• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiff seized my husband car for debt of person who is not living in my address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiff seized my husband car for debt of person who is not living in my address

Hi everyone.I need help with writing complain to phoenix company.On 10th September the bailiff come to my house and put the letter to my door which was addressed to my brother(he is not living with me from 2 years).In notice of seizure of goods and inventory he write the mark,colour and registration number of my husband car which was parked in front of the house,also when the bailiif was in my house on august he was informed that my brother not living here 2 years.Iwill be gratefull if any one can help me write the complain because English is not my first language,thank you
    Tags: None

Re: bailiff seized my husband car for debt of person who is not living in my address

I'll ask this be moved to the Bailiff Forum for you.

Comment

Re: bailiff seized my husband car for debt of person who is not living in my address

shell I move this?

Comment

All done! :beagle:

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Do you know what the Bailiff was there for - Council Tax, Parking etc?

Comment

the bailiff was for the council tax of my brother when hi was lived after move from my house

Comment

So was the Council Tax owed from when he lived with you, or was it owed from where he lived AFTER living with you? :beagle:

Comment

Who is the registered keeper of the car?

Has it been clamped?
                  The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

the council tax was for the adres where he was lived AFTER living with me.

Comment

the registered keeper is my husband(NOT MY BROTHER)keys and door with car seized on paper not clamped but I'm not happy that someone coming to my house if he was informed that my brother not living with me,he charge my brother for every visit over £200 that's why I like write complain to this company

Comment

Originally posted by kleo1 View Post
                        the council tax was for the adres where he was lived AFTER living with me.
                        Sorry to keep asking questions, but why did they come to your house for your brother's debt? The easiest way to get rid of them is tell them where your brother lives and let him sort his own problems, or if you no longer know his address, tell them that. Stress that calling to you is harassment, and you will report them for this if they call again.

Comment

they have my address from council because I getting house benefit so when my brother was living here I have to inform council how many adults living in my house.When my brother was move I also informed council about this.The council know my brothers new address because he is paying the bill for council tax on current address.Ihave not idea why the bailiff coming to my address.when I was with my brother in Citizen Advice becouse his situation with council tax and bailiff is not clear the advisers said to me that my me and my husband shall write to them complain for seizing the car and coming to my house because they waste my time and my many for phone calls.I have no idea how to write this complain

Comment

Initially just write to the bailiff company as follows:

Dear Sir,

Please could you send me a copy of your complaints procedure as I wish to make a formal complaint against your company.

Yours faithfully,

Sign

Print Name

When you get the policy, we can help you with the letter then. Alternatively, I would ask CAB to write on your behalf - this would carry a bigger punch than a letter from you.

Comment

thank you very much,I will send this today

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X