• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beagles Meet - Peterborough - Sat 31st May 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Beagles meet of 2008

Originally posted by enaid View Post
    Wooden spoon comes to mind, lol I think he meant cause you live there pmsl
    cheeky twat isn't he!!! lol

Rather live in Shrewsbury than MOSS SIDE!!!

Comment

Shrewsbury? Wakefield?

Can we go somewhere I have heard of??? I know i know I am really crap with geography.

Some one will have to make me a map and easy directions
      When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I know London, Peterborough, Oxford, Reading, Brighton, and thats about it
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
          I know London, Peterborough, Oxford, Reading, Brighton, and thats about it
          Thank god someone is on here from the right end of the country !!!!!!!! now can we get a serious venue sorted out, so that we can meet up and have a proper party.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Comment

I've driven to Peterborough once, so I think I'm about ok for getting there.....

Comment

Peterborough is about a million miles away for the Northern mob though.

Its a fairly easy route for me I think, although a 200 mile round trip don't really appeal. Wouldn't be able to stay over cos going away on hols next day.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                Thank god someone is on here from the right end of the country !!!!!!!! now can we get a serious venue sorted out, so that we can meet up and have a proper party.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
                So, whats your location suggestion then?

Comment

CHESHAM.....come here, and then you can all see Crash junior too
                  Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
                  DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
                  59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
                  179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
                  254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

How about somewhere nearer the middle then it would be fairer for all concerned ie travel etc personally if I came up to Manchester I am looking so having to pay at least £80 - £100 petrol or train for the round trip and then the hotel on top and then of course my spends (although thats not a lot as everyone knows that I am teetotal and go to bed at around 9 ish).
                    Perhaps another idea is have a meet somewhere near a place with an airport that can be reached by plane from Stanstead. Ryan Air do some pretty good deals, but unfortunately not to Manchester ffs. Also Tempty would probably be able to come as well that way as she could fly up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      How about somewhere nearer the middle then it would be fairer for all concerned .
                      Originally posted by PKea View Post
                      So, whats your location suggestion then?

Comment

I have no idea hun geography wasn't my strong point, is Birmingham safe nowadays ? If it is further up north I shall investigate the possibility of letting the train take the strain, you never know I might get a good deal especially if I can book using the old gits over 60 pass thingy.

Last time I went up to the Manchester area it took me over 5 hours and I ended up driving round a place called Salford - very salubrious.

Comment

Thanks to all who have suggested locations, I have listed them below

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                          Peterborough
                          Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
                          Leicester
                          Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          Market Drayton
                          Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Wakefield
                          Originally posted by Xena View Post
                          Shrewsbury
                          Originally posted by Delta View Post
                          Burnley
                          Originally posted by crashbandicoot View Post
                          Chesham
                          Originally posted by pkea
                          Nottingham
                          Can I ask that people suggest a location, rather than complain about the locations suggested, as this is why we go round in circles trying to organise these events.

Once we get a general idea of locatons/area we can put it to a vote/poll to find a location. So keep posting locations, even if your hometown.

Thanks, PKea

Comment

Birmingham. pretty central i would have thought. Although its a big place and I don't know it that well. There's some quite nice outlying areas on the outskirts.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Birmingham is OK for me too. About 2 hours drive. Nice and easy for most folks to get to either by train, car or coach and wide choice of either rural or city centre hotels, pubs and clubs etc
                              Budgie

Comment

Brum is about 1.5-2hrs drive from me too...so I don't mind either. But can I just ask - I will have baby Zulaykha with me - does that bother anyone? I'm thinking from the point of anyone wanting to light up...would it be a hassle if you had to do it away from her? I won't be staying the night, so you won't have to endure us for too long
                                Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
                                DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
                                59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
                                179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
                                254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X