• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banks and vunerable people/addicts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banks and vunerable people/addicts

No idea labman as i dont have any paperwork and nor does she as she burnt it all when she was unwell. I know that sounds crazy but mental illness is Luckliy i have sifted through everthing and found the completion statement when hsbc the sold the flat but its all i can find. All i know is that she had a meeting with the bank manager and a lady who organised the remortgages and they looked at her transactions and said that she gave it a 'good go'. Her bank statements were peppered with thousands of pounds of gambling transactions.

Also and i dont know if this helps in anyway as its slightly unrelated her mother banked at hsbc but a different branch. She went in to see her manager one day who asked her 'how is your daughter, is she still gambling?' Obviously her mother was mortified and so was she when her mum approached her.

Comment

Hi akania - no it doesn't sound crazy at all, I've a bit of an idea about mental health issues. If you're considering taking this on though, it might be worth sending a SAR to them to get copies of the paperwork. The reason written on the form could be critical. :beagle:

Comment

OK do i include every single piece of paperwork in the sar? all the credit cards loans overdrafts and mortgages? Oh and by the way the FSO wrote to them yesterday opening the complaint but i suppose they wont send it automatically?

Comment

It's up to you at the end of the day, you could wait for the FOS ruling and see what happens, or just send the SAR which will cost £10.00.

Again it is then up to you what you ask for, but I'd ask for everything. Here's a template:

[Address]
          [Date]

Dear Sir,

Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which in any way appertains to me and any accounts or agreements I may ever have held with you.

This should include, but not necessarily be limited to:

· a copy of the original signed executed agreement along with a true copy of the Terms and Conditions in place at the time of inception, and all subsequent amendments to them.
          · statements of account, duplicate statements and/or print outs of all account transactions
          · all internal and external correspondence sent or received by you including memos, logs, notes, screen prints and transcripts
          · notes of manual interventions such as telephone attendants' notes
          · copies of stored telephone conversations, internal and external emails
          · any other information held on all types of media in any relevant filing system (microfiche included).

If you have disclosed any information to a third party, with or without my express permission, will you please include details of this in your reply, along with notes of any legal action past or pending, including a true copy of default notices, court orders etc...

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form.

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so on, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge and the Term or Condition upon which you rely to claim such a charge.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10.00 to access ALL data held by you about myself. You should be fully aware of your statutory obligations under the Data Protection Act and that any failure to comply with this request will involve a complaint to the ICO as well as potential legal action.

You have 40 days in which to comply with this request and note that this request has been sent Recorded Delivery so I can ensure compliance on these issues comply within the legislative time frames.

Yours faithfully,

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

Print Name

Where the Gobbledegook at the end is I insert this signature anti tamper strip.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much. Im definatley going to send this off so i can see what im up against. Do they have to give you everything or do they keep stuff back you dont want you to see? I know that sounds bad but i dont exactly trust banks lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X