• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suspect warrant of entry electricity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect warrant of entry electricity

Hi everyone, think the agents for electricity company are using false information to gain a warrant of entry to disconnect / Pre pay meter my electricity. As I understand it in order to obtain this warrant the electric company have first got to serve a statutory notice ( which I haven't received ) and secondly I have got to at some point REFUSED them entry to do the above task! I have NEVER had a request in writing or unsolicited at my door to gain entry? so technically I've never refused? In addition to this I am the sole owner of my home. My childminder says she has had no requests in person either, but surely the onus is on me to accept or refuse entry in any case!

in addition I have had this scenario before when I pointed out the above and no warrant was issued ( it just went away? ) . I have a time and date for the hearing. Should I write to the court and electric companies agents to prevent this?

many thanks

pete
    Tags: None

Re: Suspect warrant of entry electricity

If you have a time & date for a hearing I suggest you attend to defend it, otherwise it will be rubber stamped. Do you have any proposals to pay?

Comment

Re: Suspect warrant of entry electricity

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      If you have a time & date for a hearing I suggest you attend to defend it, otherwise it will be rubber stamped. Do you have any proposals to pay?
      Hey thanks for reply. date for hearing is 25/9, so am gonna contact both edf and their agents beforehand with a payment proposal, I am looking for clarication that the contents within my first post are correct and I have something to defend?

As i stated there was a previous hearing, when exactly same situation of 'no refusal of entry'.... In that case I wrote to the court. The warrant was never apparently pursued?

thanks for help so far!

Regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X