• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very

Originally posted by Kazwitch View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9886[/ATTACH] HI. I got this this morning. Any ideas what to send them next. ?
    They admit quite clearly the debt is unenforceable, which means they would never go anywhere near a court. In fact, most of those catalog companies never got people to sign an agreement before sending the goods in the first place, which is why there wouldn't be one. As that's their core business, they should have put systems in place to get customers to sign compliant agreements in the first place if they wanted to be able to recover the balances through the courts in future. As they didn't, it's their fault if they can't enforce, not yours.

If it was me, I wouldn't respond to that letter, it's standard dribble about how, despite being unenforceable in court, the balance is still due and payable. I'd just wait to hear from them or a DCA and write back enclosing a copy of that letter stating the agreement is UE.

Up to you whether you still want to make payments or not, bearing in mind that, as long as you pay something, the debt will never go statute barred.

I have an MBNA card where they've also written back to me saying they can't locate the agreement, that was back in 2010 and I haven't paid since Jan 2010 and not heard from anyone for nearly three years, just over two years to go before it's Statute Barred.

Do keep that letter VERY safe!

Comment

Thank you F.P
      I actually got a statement this morning as well. On the bottom in big letters, they threaten action.

Comment

I actually got a statement this morning as well. On the bottom in big letters, they threaten action.
        They can threaten all they like but they won't get any action.

If it was me I'd stop paying them since your credit file will already be shot to pieces

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20131009-01007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1157418

Comment

Is this your only debt?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9888[/ATTACH]

Just got this one too but they'll only accept 2 payments of £50 and still insisting I ring them or get a debt management plan! They just don't listen x

You are learning, they ignore anything other than making more money out of you, they will ignore e-mails and auto reply ring us etc, know what I would do!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I owe for gas and electric. But they set up a repayment plan for me. I also have 2 other catalogues but they're up to date as the repayments are a lot lot lower. Depending on what happens christmas, I might have to set up repayment plan with them too. They're no where near as much as Very though.

Comment

I owe for gas and electric. But they set up a repayment plan for me. I also have 2 other catalogues but they're up to date as the repayments are a lot lot lower. Depending on what happens christmas, I might have to set up repayment plan with them too. They're no where near as much as Very though.
                  I pay them £1.00 per month if they are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    I pay them £1.00 per month if they are lucky.
                    If it comes to that, I'd suggest sending a CCA request to those too, most catalogs operate the same way.

Paying £1/pcm only keeps the debt alive.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                      If it comes to that, I'd suggest sending a CCA request to those too, most catalogs operate the same way.

Paying £1/pcm only keeps the debt alive.
                      building up spreadsheet for charges on the increase so after a while albeit longwhile the amount should match, this was an on line application.

Comment

This is where you have a decision to make - the 'tricky water' referred to by Amethyst in Post 41.

There are two routes you can take. You can negotiate repayments, which shouldn't be too hard, despite what may appear the case at present, with interest and charges frozen.

Alternatively you can go the UE route outlined by Flaming Parrot in Post 46. That way, you stop paying, hope they never find an agreement, and hold out 6 years for the debt to go Statute Barred.

Only you can decide which route is right for you. There are no absolutes here - the right way is what you feel is best for you. Whichever you choose, you will get all the support we can give you here. :beagle:

Comment

Hello Peeps
                          Right, they let me pay £50 in Oct and Nov, but said I had to call the debt department to negotiate future payments which I done. They said sorry can't accept £50 a mth as its too low. Only way they'd accept that is if I use step change and send in an income and expendature. Otherwise Minimum they can accept is £400 pm. If I carry on paying just £50 they will keep adding interest and charges. I don't see why I should send them my financial details as its private and none of their business. What would you suggest I do now??? Thanks guys :witchy:

Comment

To arrange a repayment plan that can continue long term then you will need to complete income and expenditure details (then can freeze interest and chagres etc once sorted too). Have a look on nedcab as they have a good IE sheet to use. You can also look at Stepchange and payplan see if you want to go into a full debt management plan at this stage or not. I don't know your overall financial situation so don't know if that's necessary or viable, but worth having a look into.

Ooo gee's that logo came up a bit big, sorry.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you Amethyst x

Comment

I'm debating whether to just stop paying them. How long till they pass to a debt collector?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X