• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very

Can anyone with younger eyesight see this properly? I can see very little sadly.

Comment

I think if you click on it, you can zoom in on it.
      Thanks for posting them for me Amethyst
      Xxx
      Last edited by Kazwitch; 23rd September 2013, 22:29:PM.

Comment

Yes, I've done that and zoomed in a bit more using Ctrl and + but it pixellates and you lose the words. It's my eyesight!

Comment

If you click on the attachment to open it, you can click on it again to zoom in, the letter comes up this size....the T&C's, of course are a bit dinkier. I can read them okay with a couple of ctrl +'s but they are a bit blurry.

Attached Files
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	very CCA L2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1157364

Comment

Hello Labman.
              Got the above letter in reply to the one you gave me to send.
              :witchy:

Comment

Has Anyone got any ideas what I should write back and say to very? Could really do with some input as I'm not sure where to go from here x

Comment

If I could read it, I might be able to help, but I can't. Have they complied fully with your request? I'll rely on you as I can't see it! :beagle:

Comment

There is no APR stated on the copy T&C's - they are a standard form and there's no date, signature etc.

The next letter is stuff about how even though their agreement is shocking, it's not the original, an basically, is completely unenforceable, they should, because Kazwitch, kept buying stuff and paying for stuff, be able to enforce it.

I think once they are told of that they should remove the interest elements and accept your monthly payment of £50 a month until the debt is cleared, if that is what you wanted to do. If they try to enforce through the court I am no sure they would get far on the paperwork they have sent you. I'm no expert by any means on CCA and I've asked someone to take a proper look at it from an enforceable CCA perspective to give you the options so hang fire for now.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The first attachement, post #15 shows a late payment fee of £12.

Didn't this come in circa 2007? (OFT guidance)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'm off to Specsavers!

Comment

Thing is my husband was still working and we had an Income when I ordered the things. He's since lost his job.

Comment

I was thinking of writing:

"Although you sent me a copy of my current C.A,
                            This was not what I asked for. I sent £1 and asked for a true copy of my Original signed agreement, which you've failed to supply within the 12 days of the rquest. Until this has been produced, the account remains unenforceable. I offered to make payments of £50.00 per month which I've continued to pay, and you insist it is not enough. With all due respect, regardless of whether £50.00 is less than you can accept or not, it is all I can comfortably afford and I shall continue paying £50.00.
                            As you are aware, you are classed as a low priority debt and I do have other priority debts that I'm also paying off and they have accepted my offers of repayment."

Has anyone got any good information that I can add to this?
                            Thanks
                            X:witchy:

Comment

In the letter they did say it was the current T&C's for the account. It's def not the original, or a replica of the original, cca from account inception.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think that is a good idea, and yes the content of the letter is fine. I don't think you need to go into any legal gumpf at this stage, just letting them know you won't be fobbed off with this cca copy, and you understand the enforceability issues. I might be tempted to add a request to stop charging interest and adding any charges enabling you to reduce the balance on the account, and that you look forwards to receiving the correct CCA from account inception soon. You might want to quote the OFT 664 Guidance for Debt Collection too -

exercise forbearance and consideration – in particular towards debtors experiencing difficulty - we would expect businesses to work with debtors with a view to providing them with reasonable time and opportunity to repay debts
                                Originally posted by Kazwitch View Post
                                I was thinking of writing:

"Although you sent me a copy of my current C.A,
                                This was not what I asked for. I sent £1 and asked for a true copy of my Original signed agreement, which you've failed to supply within the 12 days of the rquest. Until this has been produced, the account remains unenforceable. I offered to make payments of £50.00 per month which I've continued to pay, and you insist it is not enough. With all due respect, regardless of whether £50.00 is less than you can accept or not, it is all I can comfortably afford and I shall continue paying £50.00.
                                As you are aware, you are classed as a low priority debt and I do have other priority debts that I'm also paying off and they have accepted my offers of repayment."

Has anyone got any good information that I can add to this?
                                Thanks
                                X:witchy:
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X