• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What do I do next?

Have you received any letters from them indicating they will be taking further action on the account ?

When you say they have confirmed it is unenforceable what do you mean . Have they written to you to that effect ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I sent them £1 for a copy of my osca
      they sent a blank new updated copy with no names or address and never cashed the cheque. I said that wasn't good enough and if they couldn't supply me with the copy I requested, and didn't actually have one then surely it's Unenforceable. They then said as I did it would be Unenforceable but that doesn't mean they can't ask for the money owed and it's obvious we have a relationship of sorts as I ordered goods. They've added £3,500 in charges and interest so far.
      It's took them over a year to pass it on to NDC and now they're adding interest etc now. All they have said is if I don't pay up I'll be passed on to the credit reference agency.
      But as you from the letter above, it doesn't actually state what action they'll take next.

Comment

I sent them £1 for a copy of my osca
        they sent a blank new updated copy with no names or address and never cashed the cheque. I said that wasn't good enough and if they couldn't supply me with the copy I requested, and didn't actually have one then surely it's Unenforceable. They then said as I did it would be Unenforceable but that doesn't mean they can't ask for the money owed and it's obvious we have a relationship of sorts as I ordered goods. They've added £3,500 in charges and interest so far.
        It's took them over a year to pass it on to NDC and now they're adding interest etc now. All they have said is if I don't pay up I'll be passed on to the credit reference agency.
        But as you see from the letter above, it doesn't actually state what action they'll take next.

Comment

Ahh this is the Very account debt - merged threads and will read back xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Re: Very catalogue debt

Okay as I said previously, I would get into a negotiation with them to repay the sum of the goods without the interest and charges which they aren't entitled to charge as they did not have a credit agreement when you made the purchases. Your argument is that you didn't sign an agreement, and in 2002 I can well believe that, and it wasn't possible then to validly sign online, so they cannot produce it and it is unenforceable.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I was paying £50 a month but it was wasted money coz the add £250 every month. I haven't paid anything since April coz the point blank refused to stop interest and charges. They said that was their final decision and if I wasn't happy to go to ombudsman. I thought sod them as they were being so unreasonable I'll try for statute barred. Dunno if I'll get away with it though?

Comment

Any ideas why it's took them a year to give it to a debt collection?

Comment

Ok first of all how much was the total amount of the debt for?. Ask for all agreements. What APR were you paying and phone up the British Gas and ask for the British Gas Trust fund they will help towards the costs of your arrears towards your Gas and Electricity also phone up the council and ask them for any help and an arrangement to help you with your circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by 25135591 View Post
                    Ok first of all how much was the total amount of the debt for?. Ask for all agreements. What APR were you paying and phone up the British Gas and ask for the British Gas Trust fund they will help towards the costs of your arrears towards your Gas and Electricity also phone up the council and ask them for any help and an arrangement to help you with your circumstances.
                    Think you may be on the wrong thread [MENTION=53946]25135591[/MENTION]
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

No the person was also struggling with there Gas and Electric.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X