• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Injury from mugging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury from mugging

Hello,can you refer me to a company to handle my brothers claim for criminal injuries following his assault he suffered on saturday.He is self employed as a cabby and is facing some long time off work.Any comments gratefully accepted.Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Injury from mugging

Unless this company deals with this area of law, I doubt Legal Beagles will recommend one particular firm. Does your brother's insurance as a taxi driver include legal cover which would cover things like this? Sadly it is not an infrequent occurence for cabbies. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by raymondo59 View Post
      Hello,can you refer me to a company to handle my brothers claim for criminal injuries following his assault he suffered on saturday.He is self employed as a cabby and is facing some long time off work.Any comments gratefully accepted.Thanks
      You should apply for compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme which should cover his loss of earnings. There's no point in approaching a solicitor because it's unlikely the assailant has got any money to pay up even if you successfully sued them. Otherwise they wouldn't be out mugging people like your poor brother.

Here's how to apply: http://www.justice.gov.uk/victims-an.../am-i-eligible

Has he contacted Victims Support to help him handle the psychological impact on him? He may not feel he needs this support now, but he may need it in future:

http://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-for-victims

I wish your brother a speedy recovery

Comment

You might be surprised who is out mugging taxi drivers. I worked as one for just over two years and saw and heard some bizarre cases. There's a lot of truth in the saying, 'Beware the evils of drink.' I wouldn't make a generalisation they don't have any money. :beagle:

Comment

When you apply to Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme do not bank on it making up your lost income.
          In some cases they take literally years to pay out, as my son in law found out after being mugged.

Comment

Thankyou for your reply and kind words.I will forward information on to my brother.Incidentally my brother was not cabbying at time of assault,merely walking home from a night out.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by shawndavis
                There should be several reasons of Criminal Injuries Compensation .
                some injuries are like a year Jane Gauntlett, a 26-year-old trainee theatre producer from North London, was brutally attacked in broad daylight and, after being robbed, left for dead in the gutter. Two weeks ago marked a terrible anniversary: the injuries Jane sustained to her head were so severe doctors believed she would be lucky to walk or talk again or, indeed, even to live.
                Yet here we are, 12 months on, in a cafe opposite the King's Head Theatre in Islington where Jane had just produced her first play - The Dybbuk - and aside from a scar just peeping through her glossy brown hair, this remarkable young woman appears unscathed.

I think this shows the strength of Jane's spirit, as well as her determination not to let a terrible incident ruin her life. I have nothing but respect and admiration for her. And you can quote me on that.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  I think this shows the strength of Jane's spirit, as well as her determination not to let a terrible incident ruin her life. I have nothing but respect and admiration for her. And you can quote me on that.
                  I am assuming you read the copyright version of this on the Daily Mail website since the poster you are quoting is definitely going to be spamming the forum in the future .

VIP Chat yesterday I posted up a spot the difference post

For everyone else here is the original article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...l-mugging.html
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out, Leclerc. Having read the original article, I still stand by what I have posted. The woman has guts and incredible strength of spirit to come through something like that
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ElliElie789 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing.

http://plagiarismchecker.mobi/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X