• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I make a complaint to YB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I make a complaint to YB?

Hello All,

Ok story so far....

Complaint 1

Bank loan taken out April 2013 with a repayment date of 20th of every month as this was the date the money was available, this wasn't really convenient as I am not paid until 28th of the month.

16th July - phoned YB and asked if I could change the payment date to the 28th, was told I could and that because it was 4 days before the due date I could change it for the July payment, she confirmed that this was done, I checked that the money wouldn't be taken until 28th July and she confirmed it.

20th July - went to cash point and almost all my money was gone as I was expecting the loan repayment to go out on 28th I had not left the money in the account to cover it, called YB and they said that the date had never been changed, but did recall the payment, refunded any charges and again changed the date to the 28th, which apparently wasn't taken and I am in arrears with now although had no correspondence saying I have missed a payment etc.

22nd August - had to call the bank over another matter (more about this later) and half way through the conversation was put on hold and transfered to the loans dept ... yep - they had tried to take the payment on the 20th again and it was showing that my account was in arrears. Explained what had happened the previous month and they appologised and amended the payment date to 28th (this has now gone through fine) This is really not acceptable as twice it had been confirmed that the date had been changed!

Complaint 2

22nd Aug - called YB to ask them to stop a CPA due out on 28th as I had foolishly taken out a Wonga loan for £1300 (yes I know my bad but was a case of needs must at the time!) and realised that due to changing job and therefore new paydate and a gap between leaving old job and starting new one, there would not be the funds available this month, I had spoken to Wonga and they had been really good and agreed to rollover my payment to my new paydate and not to take the money. I didn't trust them so asked YB to cancel the CPA, the man from YB said you can't stop a CPA as it's authorised (I have since found out you can and YB have confirmed this!) and I asked him to cancel my card to ensure that they couldn't use that to take the money. He assured me he would cancel the card but it might not stop them taking the money anyway... it was at this point I was put on hold with no explanation and transfered to the loans dept (see complaint 1).

28th Aug - checked my account and my account had been emptied by Wonga leaving my with no money for the rest of the month and unable to get to work etc. They had been unable to take the whole amount because of DD etc being taken before they applied for their slice, but managed to take over £700. Wonga have agreed to reimburse me with some of the money - about £400 as a good will gesture (very surprised at that tbh) which will help a little. If the CPA had been cancelled when it was requested (6 days before) then I would not be in this mess!

Complaint 3

28th Aug - called YB regarding complaint 2 and was told that my card had never been cancelled even though I had asked for it to be cancelled and a new one issued on 22nd Aug!

Do I have a valid complaint against the Yorkshire Bank with either issue and what should I do next if I do?
    Last edited by Broke Not Broken; 2nd September 2013, 14:01:PM. Reason: more info - as if there wasn't already enough!
    Tags: None

Re: Should I make a complaint to YB?

Hello Broke Not Broken I'm sure someone who knows about these things will be along shortly to help

p.s. love the name think that suits most of us LB's
    Last edited by Kitiara; 3rd September 2013, 14:30:PM. Reason: added ps
    One life - Live it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X