• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

urgent help writing letter to solicitor please does this sound ok

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help writing letter to solicitor please does this sound ok

urgent help writing letter to solicitor please does this sound ok help would be v v much apreciated:

Dear Sir /Madam
    As requested I am writing to tell you that I feel that the legal fees were extortionate and the actions of your solicitor on the day of the proceedings abhorrent he showed no feeling when my wife was crying her eyes out when he tried to get us to hand over the keys to my house and basically everything I own without seeing the judge and find it quite shameful that a male could show so little emotion and making it seem that we had no better option than his. But if you have nothing further to add or feel nothing to compensate then I having nothing else I can do but to report this male to the law ombudsman the SRA so please could you inform me of the solicitor on the day as I can't find a name for him in my records I still have. I also would like to add that the counsellor was useless and had nothing to add and help to give and wasn't working in my interests just those of the mortgage company. I hope to hear from you shortly.
    Tags: None

Re: urgent help writing letter to solicitor please does this sound ok

halsaps,

There's no easy way to say this without appearing to be rude, and I don't want to be rude to you. However, you cannot and must not send that letter to a solicitor. It is appalling. You need to find a friend who knows the history of this to put something coherent together for you in decent English, and with some grammatical structure to it.

I understand not everyone has the ability to write letters, but please find someone who can help you with this properly before sending it.

Comment

Labman is right - if you want to complain, this is not the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
        urgent help writing letter to solicitor please does this sound ok help would be v v much apreciated:

Dear Sir /Madam
        As requested I am writing to tell you that I feel that the legal fees were extortionate and the actions of your solicitor on the day of the proceedings abhorrent he showed no feeling when my wife was crying her eyes out when he tried to get us to hand over the keys to my house and basically everything I own without seeing the judge and find it quite shameful that a male could show so little emotion and making it seem that we had no better option than his. But if you have nothing further to add or feel nothing to compensate then I having nothing else I can do but to report this male to the law ombudsman the SRA so please could you inform me of the solicitor on the day as I can't find a name for him in my records I still have. I also would like to add that the counsellor was useless and had nothing to add and help to give and wasn't working in my interests just those of the mortgage company. I hope to hear from you shortly.
        Others have been critical but I will be supportive :hug:

I've read your other threads on the way you and your wife were treated at the repossession hearing. I am also appalled. This incident happened in 2008 yet you and your wife are still hurting. You need closure and you have every right to seek closure. The wording of your letter demonstrates that you are fiercely protective of your wife and for that I salute you.

I'll have another read of your other threads before I suggest the best way for you to write to the mortgage company. It's very possible that you were overcharged for 'this and that' and you deserve to get your money back. In the meantime all I can add is your wife is lucky to have you looking out for her

I'll be back after the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
          if you want to complain, this is not the way to do it.
          So what would you suggest is the right way to do it in order to help the OP? :help:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
            There's no easy way to say this without appearing to be rude, and I don't want to be rude to you. However, you cannot and must not send that letter to a solicitor. It is appalling. You need to find a friend who knows the history of this to put something coherent together for you in decent English, and with some grammatical structure to it.

I understand not everyone has the ability to write letters, but please find someone who can help you with this properly before sending it.
            That's what we're here for :beagle::beagle::beagle:

Your point about "decent English" and "grammatical structure" is taken on board :doggieyes:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              Others have been critical but I will be supportive :hug:

Not critical at all Plan B, realistic. I stated particularly I did not wish to be rude, yet I'm picked up for being critical, despite the fact I suggested they find a friend who knows the history of this to put something together in decent English.

This is the first post of a new thread, there's no history, link to any history and I've got pneumonia. I don't feel like ploughing back through the OP's other posts to find that history, but am happy to help, not to criticise, by stating the letter in Post 1 must not be sent.

You should know the lengths I will go to to write letters for other people when I'm well enough. Here's just one of loads of examples:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...214#post368214

Criticising is easy. I'm glad the OP has your support - as a journalist, there's few better qualified than you here to put together a good letter. I look forward to reading it.:beagle:
              Last edited by labman; 1st September 2013, 00:03:AM. Reason: Add last sentence.

Comment

is there any code of conduct a solictor should follow at a repossession hearing I looked on the sra website and they have basic regulations
                the one that applies to my case is this I believe:
                1. behave in a way that maintains the trust the public places in you and in the provision of legal services

are there an other arguments that I can put to help my case against this company Lightfoots and the advocate solicitor from LPC
                law help very much appreciated as they don't seem to want accept responsibility for there solicitor.
                Last edited by halsaps; 11th September 2013, 23:19:PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

I know next to nothing about property issues and the help you were getting has not been available for about a fortnight.

I've found this one the internet. I hope it may be of help to you. If you have any further questions having read this, please post back up and we'll try to find someone who can answer them for you. The link looks pretty reasonable to me though:

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...going_to_court

Hope it helps! :beagle:

Comment

thanks I found that very useful indeed.

Comment

Hi halsaps,

See attached
                      Attached Files
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

got this repsonse from the advocates solicitors firm are they responsible even though he doesn't work there any more.
                        Attached Files

Comment

got reply from the legal ombudsman but it isn't good at all this it:
                          Your complaint about Lightfoots Llp
                          Thank you for emailing the Legal Ombudsman on 30 September 2013 and outlining
                          your complaint about the service you received from Lightfoots Llp.
                          You told me that you have a complaint against Lightfoots Llp. This is because you say
                          they caused distress and upset to you and your wife at a repossession hearing in
                          2008. We have reviewed the correspondence you have attached and unfortunately we cannot investigate your complaint any further.
                          The Legal Ombudsman has formal powers to investigate complaints brought to us by
                          individual consumers and by small firms, trusts or charities. But they must be the
                          people who were the lawyer’s customer at the time – that is, people who were
                          themselves receiving the service from the lawyer or law firm concerned.
                          In your case, you were not receiving the service you are complaining about from the
                          lawyer concerned. Lightfoots instructed an advocate from LPC law to attend the
                          hearing and represent London Mortgage Company. Therefore the legal service which you are complaining about was provided to someone else. Unfortunately, this means we are not able to help you on this occasion.
                          the problem is I paid the litigation fees for lightfoots and also there advocates company LPC so surely I was the customer as well and should have some regress.
                          your help would be very much appreciated.

Comment

The Legal Ombudsman is right to say that they can't investigate your complaint since they only deal with complaints from clients about solicitors instructed by themselves.

I haven't had time to read through your thread(s) but I'll try to do this over the next few days to see what I can suggest because I sense you've been given a rough ride by your lender in this repossession case and I'd like to help you put that wrong to right

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              The Legal Ombudsman is right to say that they can't investigate your complaint since they only deal with complaints from clients about solicitors instructed by themselves.

I haven't had time to read through your thread(s) but I'll try to do this over the next few days to see what I can suggest because I sense you've been given a rough ride by your lender in this repossession case and I'd like to help you put that wrong to right
                              thanks those are very kind words are will attach all the charges I have had added since the court hearing as I belive most are unfair.
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X