• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late Licensing Penalty charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late Licensing Penalty charge

Jean, make sure you distinguish the differenceVLA - You need to argue with them about the fact you did what you had to do, they are the ones who can call off the DCACollectica - they are the DCA (Debt Collection Agency) and they couldn't care less whether you were in the right or wrong, they bought your debt off of the DVLA and now they want their money out of you.You can ask Collectica to hand your account back to the DVLA though, they have to under OFT rules.

Comment

My case hasn't been forwarded to a debt collection agency. I'm still dealing with DVLA Enforcement. I want this resolved before it goes anywhere near a debt collection agency.

Comment

Hi All

Just thought I would add this new information from the DVLA on being challenged on a LLP issue around he Interpretation Act 1978.

They claim that I have merely been deemd to have sent the letter not have it delivered to them under the Act and as they did not get the information to chnage the reg keeper then I have failed to notify them. They also state the following in their letter.

" It was stated in the case pf Petit v Mitchell 1842 that 'as soon as an article is put into the hands of a party that is a delivery to him'. Petit v Mitchell (1842) 4 MAN & G 819 at 841, per Maule J Taken from WORDS AND PHRASES legally defined, 3rd edition Volume 2 D-J published by Butterworths. In other words delivery is not effected until the item is in the hands of the recipient as opposed to merely sending it to him and relying on normal service of documents'

If that is the case then as they do not send any correspondence by recorded delivery then how can they prove they issued anything either, unless people reply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X