• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rossingdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rossingdales

I think o the my catalogue debt has been sent to rossendales to collect. Thanks to the bedroom tax and losing part of my disability allowance its been a case of robbing peter to pay paul and havibg a roof over our heads comes first. can any one tell me what to expect from this company
    Tags: None

Re: rossingdales

Hi Kazb64 and welcome to Legal Beagles.

From what you have said, it sounds like Rossendales are acting as debt collectors. Debt collectors are the lowest of the low and will try every trick in the book to get money out of people. Do not fall for any BS or threats they come out with and ask for proof that they have a right to collect the debt. Most importantly, make sure it is, indeed, your debt.

Rossendales are also certificated bailiffs and have a less than enviable record, having been slated by the Local Government Ombudsman on a number of occasions.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by kazb64 View Post
      I think o the my catalogue debt has been sent to rossendales to collect. Thanks to the bedroom tax and losing part of my disability allowance its been a case of robbing peter to pay paul and havibg a roof over our heads comes first. can any one tell me what to expect from this company
      Although this company is better known as bailiffs, often used by local authorities for council tax debt, they are also debt collectors: http://www.rossendales.com/

They cannot act as bailiffs without a court order, and they would have had to obtain a CCJ against you before they could apply for that, and that's extremely unusual for a catalogue debt, so they will only be acting as ordinary debt collectors in this case.

A lot of catalogue companies dispatched the goods without requiring an agreement to be signed, making those debts unenforceable.

Could you give us a few more details about this debt. :typing: Who was the catalogue company? What's the alleged amount outstanding? How long ago did you open this account? When did you default on it? Have you been making payments? All these things make a difference. :thumb:

Comment

the catalogue is Very. we owe 389 pounds . we did well until april when we got into money problems. With the bedroom tax. we found it difficult but still tried to make payments.

we were with very for approxmately 2 years.

wou

Comment

Just read the rossindales letter. On the letter it nowhere says which company or debt belongs to. the origin of the debt is said to be another debt collector. It isnt very as we first believed. should i email and ask for a break down of the debt or should i put it in a letter.

Comment

Thinks they need to say who you allegedly owe money to after all I could say im collecting money you owe would you pay me?

Comment

the catalogue is Very. we owe 389 pounds . we did well until april when we got into money problems. With the bedroom tax. we found it difficult but still tried to make payments.
              Just read the rossindales letter. On the letter it nowhere says which company or debt belongs to. the origin of the debt is said to be another debt collector. It isnt very as we first believed. should i email and ask for a break down of the debt or should i put it in a letter.
              If you are not sure what the debt relates to, you should send a prove it letter, much better than an email:

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: xyz

You have contacted me regarding the account above, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt. I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

sent letter and e mails never got a reply the seven days for payment has passed. thanks for the draft of the letter your guide lines made sure i didnt miss any thing

Comment

sent letter and e mails never got a reply the seven days for payment has passed. thanks for the draft of the letter your guide lines made sure i didnt miss any thing
                  No need to worry about those alleged deadlines imposed by them, :nono: if they're not able to prove you owe the money how are you supposed to pay them? I could also write to you saying you owe me money and give you seven days to pay, the question is, would you? :noidea:

Comment

FP you could write to me aint had a debt collectors for weeks im feeling unloved

Comment

we were with very for approxmately 2 years.
                      Why?

Did you like clothes that (allegedly) look like they were cut with a knife and fork?

Comment

CC you been in my wardrobe thought it was moths?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                          FP you could write to me aint had a debt collectors for weeks im feeling unloved
                          I'll be happy to oblige! :yo:

Just send me your address and I'll make sure to send you a nice assortment of bright, red letters headed FINAL DEMAND!

Comment

gotta admit flaming parrot i have thought about it

Comment

received letter today stating that they got the debt from phoenix recoverys and the debt ref number. And i have a name of rossendales collection manager. his name is

John Burton
                              Collections manager

no name of company original debt

but they did say last time paid was 13th of october 2007.

I cant even guess coz the original agreement was taken out in 2007.

thats all they are saying

help me visions of Phillips bailiff are coming far too frequently

i have replied saying i have no idea of the debt
                              Last edited by kazb64; 22nd September 2013, 12:41:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X