• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

injunction ... complicated !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injunction ... complicated !!

hi, ill try and keep this short, I had an accident at work, and began a personal injury claim for the next 5 years I was placed under surveillance, a shocking period of time, unable to work or defend myself they persisted at extreme levels, eventually I found out who had started the surveillance and retaliated, I threatened legal avenues, counter surveillance and eventually lost my temper and emailed him what could be considered threatening, nothing too bad but they have now requested I attend court to face an injunction hearing, im not going but ive submitted the dvds and evidence of their harassment to myself, they did request I agree to undertakings to avoid court, I did but they are taking me to court anyway, because of my injury I cant work and have no means to pay for the hearing, ive agreed to all their requests but still they want me in court, ive had to move house to avoid the surveillance which has worked but im concerned about this injunction, will I have to pay costs etc, how can I defend myself, the cheapest solicitor wants 3k on account before even looking at my case
    Tags: None

Re: injunction ... complicated !!

What is their justification for the surveillance and why are they now seeking an injunction? How extreme was the surveillance?

As to what you said to the person who initiated the surveillance, it will depend very much on what you said in your email to them as to whether a court will grant them an injunction.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by trademark View Post
      how can I defend myself, the cheapest solicitor wants 3k on account before even looking at my case
      Go pro bono - link

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        Go pro bono - link
        My thinking, too, Cloggy.

Comment

... a personal injury claim for the next 5 years I was placed under surveillance...
          Why 5 years? Is this the length of time that the lawsuit lasted?

Just how 'extreme' was the surveillance?

You appear to suggest that it continued afterwards. Is this so?

... nothing too bad but they have now requested I attend court to face an injunction hearing, im not going but ive submitted the dvds and evidence of their harassment to myself, they did request I agree to undertakings to avoid court, I did but they are taking me to court anyway ...
          Attend court. If you don't, they will have free rein to tell as many lies as they like, unchallenged.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
            Why 5 years? Is this the length of time that the lawsuit lasted?

Just how 'extreme' was the surveillance?

You appear to suggest that it continued afterwards. Is this so?

Attend court. If you don't, they will have free rein to tell as many lies as they like, unchallenged.
            Sound advice, Enquirer.

Comment

Going back to your original post, what exactly is it that they are seeking to prevent you from doing ?

Comment

Thinking outside of the box here, maybe someone wants the OP to attend a court hearing, especially if trademark was successful in an injury claim, or is claiming incapacity benefit/ESA.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

hi, ill try and keep this short, I had an accident at work, and began a personal injury claim for the next 5 years I was placed under surveillance, a shocking period of time, unable to work or defend myself they persisted at extreme levels, eventually I found out who had started the surveillance and retaliated, I threatened legal avenues, counter surveillance and eventually lost my temper and emailed him what could be considered threatening, nothing too bad but they have now requested I attend court to face an injunction hearing, im not going but ive submitted the dvds and evidence of their harassment to myself, they did request I agree to undertakings to avoid court, I did but they are taking me to court anyway, because of my injury I cant work and have no means to pay for the hearing, ive agreed to all their requests but still they want me in court, ive had to move house to avoid the surveillance which has worked but im concerned about this injunction, will I have to pay costs etc, how can I defend myself, the cheapest solicitor wants 3k on account before even looking at my case
                  Under what legal authority? From what you have said, these people appear to be the ones who should have an injunction imposed on them. Could you describe the surveillance you were exposed to, the extremes they went to and who they are, please?

Comment

It is impossible to give any constructive advice without more detail.

Charitynjw may well have a point, it may be the case that a simple statement that the OP will not do whatever it is they are so afraid of will suffice and be in his/ her best interests, we do not, at this juncture know.

Comment

I've got to say, though, for this to be ongoing for 5 years does seem like a personal vendetta.

Apart from the surveillance, have you noticed anything else unusual?

Horse's head in your bed, maybe? (Just joking! Sorry, trademark, I couldn't resist that! The rest of the post is serious though!)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        I've got to say, though, for this to be ongoing for 5 years does seem like a personal vendetta.

Apart from the surveillance, have you noticed anything else unusual?

Horse's head in your bed, maybe? (Just joking! Sorry, trademark, I couldn't resist that! The rest of the post is serious though!)
                        Yes it sounds more like the OP should be the one taking out the injunction !

Comment

Any comments on this Trademark? :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X