• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy pending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Redundancy pending

Are you on 'garden leave' indefinitely?

Has it been documented that it is as a result of your disability?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

They have not mentioned garden leave. Not sure about the documentation !!
      just had an email off hr, asking me how i am, i replied I'm ok, a bit down, but hopeful, do you require me to come back in wednesday ( tomorrow) awaiting reply!

Comment

It's halfway through Tuesday afternoon - I would give them a nudge, & I'd organise a doctor's visit.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The email i sent was asking if they would like me to go back in wednesday, she has now responded with the ball is in your court for tomorrow, alternately come in on thursday and we shall have a further discussion!
          What is your thoughts?

doctors appointment for wed at 3:30 already booked and they know about this, she said i do not have to go back to work after my appointment!
          Last edited by Gillmadgin; 13th August 2013, 14:37:PM. Reason: Missed a word

Comment

The choice is yours, then!

I'm presuming that the maternity leave cover does not immediately concern you?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No, i just cannot understand why they have temps in, but not enough work for me!

Comment

Hi Gillmadgin

Late to this thread and certainly not an employment law expert - but from what you say, if redundancy is in the offing, in your shoes I would take it, along with the payment and the gardening leave.

It sounds as if there is no future for you there - how can a driving job equate to a managerial one, especially if it does not suit you at all?

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

Comment

Does the person on maternity leave do the same, or similar, work as yourself?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

One of them does, admin in operations

Comment

My words exactly, no match, cannot do the driving job because i have had two frozen shoulders, one resulted in an operation, and i have back problems .

Comment

So therefore they cannot say that they found you suitable alternative work, which they are duty bound to try & do.

Have they been previously made aware of your health problems, or has this come up contemporaneously?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

They offered me a drivers role, which is all they had, they have jobs on hold which they cannot release,some which are very suitable! But like i said i was in an admin role and i feel they have not offered me suitable role! How do i stand now, going back in on thursday to discuss this further, how do i handle the meeting with hr, can i take someone in with me, health wise yes they new about the operation and my physio..

Comment

Originally posted by Gillmadgin View Post
                            They offered me a drivers role, which is all they had, they have jobs on hold which they cannot release,some which are very suitable! But like i said i was in an admin role and i feel they have not offered me suitable role! How do i stand now, going back in on thursday to discuss this further, how do i handle the meeting with hr, can i take someone in with me, health wise yes they new about the operation and my physio..
                            What does this mean please Gillmadgin?

Comment

This means they recently advertised a post for our garage equiptment ( admin) this position was given to a member of staff who applied for the postion, they then retracted the role, and put this on the back burner, i asked about this before i went off on monday that was there answer, so it is still there but not available yet.

Comment

Are you a member of a Union?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X