• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smith v lowell & fredrickson international DISCONTINUED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Smith v lowell & fredrickson international

Hmm

You could also send something similar to the Claimant,

Remind them that they are required under CPR 38 to pay your costs following discontinuance, and that you wish to avoid making a further application to the court.

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
      was thinking more like having to research the law like a solicitor would
      As I've put:

"My time to investigate the Claimant's claim and relevant legislation, respond to Claimant and court - 5 hours @ LIP rate £18/hour = £"

You can put as many hours as you feel you can justify really?

Comment

Originally posted by smith View Post
        letter from bryan carter solicitors 22/4/2014

please find attached for information a copy of the notice of discontinuance forwarded to the county court in doncaster

notice of discontinuance of proceedings

take notice that the claimant hereby wholly discontinues this action against the defendant
        we certify that we have given notice of discontinuance of proceedings to every defendant against whom the claimant
        desires to discontinue
        signed bryan carter
        advise on this part of letter

at bottom of letter states this
        n279 notice of discontinuance of proceedings
        or withdrawal of part of claim order 18. rule 1

Super news Well done.

They've withdrawn before being struck out and incurring costs at the hearing because they just don't have the paperwork to back up the claim
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wondering - does the notice of discontinuance have other claim numbers etc on it or just yours ?

Regarding costs - do you want to claim costs for dealing with the claim over the last couple months or you happy just to shut the lid on the box and forget about it?

What shows on your credit file ? Anything from Lowell or just the original creditor ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Wondering - does the notice of discontinuance have other claim numbers etc on it or just yours ?

Regarding costs - do you want to claim costs for dealing with the claim over the last couple months or you happy just to shut the lid on the box and forget about it?

What shows on your credit file ? Anything from Lowell or just the original creditor ?

(1 )the notice of discontinuance only shows my case number
            (2) im happy to try for costs regarding this matter
            (3) lowells shows on file plus original creditor
            (4) the stress its caused me and the impact on my health after informing carters about my health

and thankyou for advise Amethyst

Comment

Now the Leeds Losers have discovered what everyone else knew. Bryan always runs away from a fight LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X