• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013

Apologies if these re already on here. These will come into force on 6th April 2014

The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...roduction/made
    Tags: None

Re: The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013

I think there is a thread on this over at CAG. with reference to one thread here, and the legislation identifying what is exempt, i wonder if Heating Oil and coal is a seizeable asset? as a shed full of coal or 500 litres of oil would have high value

Comment

There will be other instruments coming into play over the next six months I believe, the one which delivers the new fee structure will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
        There will be other instruments coming into play over the next six months I believe, the one which delivers the new fee structure will be interesting.
        Isn't that the one cooked up with input from the bailiffs?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Isn't that the one cooked up with input from the bailiffs?
          It should be the scale that was proffered in the consultation, if that will be an improvement on the present position remains to be seen, Personally I think that where there is absence of effective sanction for breaking rules, the rules themselves become irrelevant.

Comment

It should be the scale that was proffered in the consultation, if that will be an improvement on the present position remains to be seen, Personally I think that where there is absence of effective sanction for breaking rules, the rules themselves become irrelevant.
            I don't think it's so much an absence of effective sanctions, it's the fact the sanctions which exist are not used adequately.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              I don't think it's so much an absence of effective sanctions, it's the fact the sanctions which exist are not used adequately.
              What sanctions exist Labman ? form 4 complains ?

Most of the on the ground sanctions are self regulatory via Civia and the like , which I think is widely accepted as being ineffective, then you have the LGO, which I don;t think anyone would regard as an easy avenue for achieving redress.

The police do not want to know. So you are left with county court action which may well be bumped into fast track and incur the risk of costs to the claimant.

There should in my opinion be sanctions built into the legislation as in the CCA for instance.

Comment

Is there any way of putting pressure on the LA for

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post362880
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  Is there any way of putting pressure on the LA for

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post362880
                  Nothing will change until Distress and Distraint as remedies are abolished.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    Nothing will change until Distress and Distraint as remedies are abolished.
                    But they're so quaintly Dickensian!
                    Perhaps the LA's could tout them as a tourist attraction.

"& to your right, you can see the Tipstaff as he goes about his official duties, seizing doormats & every car in sight from the grasping claws of the Great Unwashed......"

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Does seem rather odd that the defenders of the bailiffs maintain that they are simply there to fulfill a legal process and no aspect of physical intimidation is intended or required.
                      Yet when you look at your average bailiff, they seem of a particular character, and physical appearance that would tend to give the opposite impression.

Comment

Does seem rather odd that the defenders of the bailiffs maintain that they are simply there to fulfill a legal process and no aspect of physical intimidation is intended or required.
                        Yet when you look at your average bailiff, they seem of a particular character, and physical appearance that would tend to give the opposite impression.
                        Yeti nother case of stereotyping?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

To be fair, if you wanted to run away from them lest one pass unwanted deposits, I don't think they'd be able to keep up with you.

I was watching a recording of The Sheriffs last night, and they were all huge!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            What sanctions exist Labman ? form 4 complaints ?

Most of the on the ground sanctions are self regulatory via Civia and the like , which I think is widely accepted as being ineffective, then you have the LGO, which I don;t think anyone would regard as an easy avenue for achieving redress.

The police do not want to know. So you are left with county court action which may well be bumped into fast track and incur the risk of costs to the claimant.

There should in my opinion be sanctions built into the legislation as in the CCA for instance.
                            Form 4, County Court and the LGO are pretty effective where used properly. You obviously mean a sliding scale of sanctions depending on the gravity of the offence.

What would that be - a sliding scale of fines? Periods of suspension? What would our realistic, effective sanctions be? :beagle:

Comment

Those Regulations are, frankly, appalling.

I consider them to be a declaration of war upon the people of England by President Cameron and Vice-President Clegg, both of whom should be tried for treason, convicted and hanged with piano wire by the neck until they are dead.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X