• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi, just joined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi, just joined

Cleverclogs wrote
    I see that you've noticed that it was an "Abbey National" card and also the "Promo IX" near his signature.
    I'm curious, what is the "Promo IX" relevance, and is it good for me? How good?
    Also while we're at it, what the "Abbey National" relevance?

Hey, I'm a quick study, I just need the study information first.

Comment

Hey I'm not going to give away all my secrets!!

I will say one thing for the CCA 'geeks'. I recently discovered how useful 'the wayback machine' is for viewing copies of original application forms and T&Cs
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Do you know you can apply to get the monthly amount changed using Form N245 found in Number 6 here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...1-Useful-Links

Comment

I will say one thing for the CCA 'geeks'. I recently discovered how useful 'the wayback machine' is for viewing copies of original application forms and T&Cs
          Oh wow, I'm there! I wonder if I can still login to my old Abbey account. Gonna try!!

Comment

Abbey 2004 thanks to the Wayback Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by gmleo View Post
              FB. Well I'm in rented accommodation, self employed (recent) and have no assets to speak of, having been preparing myself for possible bankruptcy route so already downgraded the car for a £1,500 crappy van for work, so, really, nothing they can do or take from me.
              That's fine for this week, or this month, but not for the next 5 years, I can't live with the threat of that over me.

Let me see if I have this correct.
              The CCJ never dies, it's just removed from record after 6 years but can still be enforced?
              Correct, although if the creditor didn't attempt to enforce it in all these years, they will struggle.
              How about when the creditor applies for enforcement of the said CCJ, would I get the opportunity to attend, and to defend?
              Not really 'defend' as such as judgment would have been obtained, it all depends on the circumstances. If you don't own your home then they can't apply for a charging order and if you're not employed, they can't obtain an attachment of earnings. Bailiffs are not commonly used to recover this type of debt.
              I already have a hard time with the law saying it's OK to maintain a CCJ on a debt/contract that is later found to be UE.
              I have an even harder time accepting a judge saying it's OK to Enforce that same CCJ 18 months later
              , knowing full well the contract is loo roll, and UE.
              Sadly, the UE argument only works BEFORE judgment has been obtained, that's the whole point of unenforceability: to stop them from obtaining judgment in the first place.

Comment

Can anyone shed some light on some recent info' I came across from two separate sources.
                This from Checkmyfile

Court information includes Judgments made against your name and Insolvency records such as Bankruptcy Orders, Sequestrations, IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements), Protected Trust Deeds and Administration Orders.

Such information remains on your credit report for six years, even if the judgment is paid or if the insolvency is discharged. Lenders make little if any distinction between satisfied or unsatisfied judgments, or between current insolvencies or discharged insolvencies.
                Is that true?
                Hardly inspires anyone to rush out and pay that outstanding bill now does it?:deadhorse:

I can't find the source, paulwatsonsolicitors I think, he was saying similar to the above in regard to defaults.
                He said making Notice of Corrections was a waste of time.

Those two options being the most accessible and well known, and both being kinda useless, begs the question, why bother?
                If they make no difference to the goal, which is clean up my record and get a mortgage before I'm too old.
                Seems my only strategy is to find a way to have the CCJ set aside.
                Last edited by gmleo; 6th August 2013, 22:51:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

It's impossible to answer your question, as lenders have different criteria, and it is them who make the decision about lending. Your CRF only supplies the information for them to look at. While one lender may look and accept the CCJ as satisfied, another may look at it totally differently.

Sorry not to be more helpful, but I believe that to be the reality. A debt that has been paid is always going to count more than one which is unpaid, but the fact that you had to be taken to court and it wasn't discharged within the 28 day set aside period will always count against you to whatever extent the individual lender decides.

Comment

Sorry not to be more helpful, but I believe that to be the reality.
                    No need to be sorry labman, nothing wrong with a bit of reality once in a while.
                    I know the "law" and "fair" rarely go hand in hand. It's just so frustrating, everywhere I turn there's another obstacle.

Imagine your Mother (Delia Smith?) blows up the kitchen one Sunday cooking a chicken, she forgot to light the burner.
                    Should her hungry family ban her from using ovens for 6 years and tell the world all about her clumsy event?
                    Then add the option to return out of the blue 15 years later and take for themselves her new oven and kitchen too?

Nice.
                    Last edited by gmleo; 6th August 2013, 23:21:PM. Reason: felt like it

Comment

Hardly inspires anyone to rush out and pay that outstanding bill now does it?:deadhorse:
                      I couldn't agree more! It's a common misconception that settling your debts will clean up your credit file. The argument is that the CRA files reflect the conduct of your account, even if you later pay up, the fact that you didn't keep up your contractual payments has to be noted.

Those two options being the most accessible and well known, and both being kinda useless, begs the question, why bother?
                      If they make no difference to the goal, which is clean up my record and get a mortgage before I'm too old.
                      Seems my only strategy is to find a way to have the CCJ set aside.
                      What arguments would you use to attempt this?

Comment

No need to be sorry labman, nothing wrong with a bit of reality once in a while.
                        I know the "law" and "fair" rarely go hand in hand. It's just so frustrating, everywhere I turn there's another obstacle.
                        This is very true, and there are much worse examples than just those relating to credit records. The criminal justice system is where the bigger issues are to be found, like the guy who ended up in court, lost his job, etc. merely because posted something on FB or Twitter about "blowing up the airport" when he was stuck due to snow. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Imagine your Mother (Delia Smith?) blows up the kitchen one Sunday cooking a chicken, she forgot to light the burner.
                        Should her hungry family ban her from using ovens for 6 years and tell the world all about her clumsy event?
                        Then add the option to return out of the blue 15 years later and take for themselves her new oven and kitchen too?

Nice.
                        I see where you're coming from :lol: but it's not quite the same thing, we all need to cook, eat, etc. those are essentials in life, however, credit is not really essential.

Comment

Why are you determined to have a mortgage?

Comment

The disaster is thought to have started in the flat of 56-year-old cake decorator Ivy Hodge, who is now in hospital suffering from burns.
                            She told reporters she remembered getting up to put the kettle on, "Then I found myself on the floor".
                            http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2514277.stm

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

FB.
                              What arguments would you use to attempt this?
                              That's the $50million question isn't it?
                              I have a brilliant argument that involves kidnapping the judge's wife and holding her to ransom until my CCJ is set aside.
                              Probably wont be a precedent though.
                              With all this jailing of people writing really good ideas on twitter and stuff like that, I best stop there
                              Only kidding your honor!

CleverClogs. Not so much determined to have a mortgage, I'm more determined to own my own home and to not rent anymore.
                              A mortgage seems to fit the bill quite well.
                              English man home is his castle etc... I really enjoy to make my surroundings my own.
                              Having to request from a landlord if I have their permission to paint a wall? Give me a break.
                              I want to knock down walls, it's not just an idle desire, I really don't function well if I don't do it.
                              It's what I was born to do, architecture, interior design, property developing.
                              Mortgage is more than a means to an end in this scenario.

Perhaps that could be an argument for the judge FB?
                              This CCJ is not just affecting my credit rating, but it's affecting my career and hindering my future self development.
                              Second application I'll include a photo of his wife of course.

Comment

FB. I've edited the dates to include Opened dates on the credit card defaults, amounts, etc... as requested.

You & Celestine asked if I applied for the cards online or on paper.
                                I can't recall and it's bugging me.
                                I'm thinking of sending SAR letters to the creditors/DCA's as my next step.
                                Is this kind of information usually included in a Subject Access Request?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X