• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

help for a friend please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help for a friend please

My thanks button has gone awol again

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      I gave it up after a year as well Miss FM - I hated it. I find it useful now though trying to work out what some of CC's words mean before giving up an Googling them.
      Sorry Labs - what did you give up after a year? Driving with your knees? Am lost now! x

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
        Sorry Labs - what did you give up after a year? Driving with your knees? Am lost now! x
        That's cos I meant Inca, not you! Sorry.

Out of interest, what's the difference between talking on a total handsfree kit and chatting to a passenger?

Comment

I have bluetooth in my car, its no different to chatting to a passenger, I only take incoming calls and the controls are on the steering wheel. I've made sure that I have the same in my new car which I am getting Sept 1st for the new number plate.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/All-New-Kuga

Comment

Out of interest, what's the difference between talking on a total handsfree kit and chatting to a passenger?
            Presence of mind.

Comment

You can turn the handset off............:tung:

Comment

I seriously didn't think my last post through Sorry.it's being an exiled driver.....it hits hard msl:

I stand/sit/kneel/lie down corrected....

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                  I had to google it......bad enough I had to endure Latin lessons at school for the first year..after that they decided my talents were best used in the swimming pool rather than being a disruptive brat in Latin classes...18 out of 24 of us got 'de-Latined' in one term and were referred to as 'the apathetic clowns of 2G'......still makes me chuckle now thinking of the one girl who dared to ask what 'apathetic'meant and if it was after school she'd need to phone her Mum msl:
                  Oi - wot does 'apethetic' mean?

"I don't know, &, what's more, I don't care!"

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                    The thing is Inca (and I'm agreeing with you) - is that times have changed. In the day of my youth you could (quite legally) roll a rolly, light it by striking a match on your flies, light your ciggie, all whilst driving as fast as you could go with your knees steering, under the influence of whatever - but those days are gone.

Sic transit gloria mundi x
                    Things have changed too much in some areas, to the point of being ridiculous. A certain amount of caution is always wise, but things have gone too far, to the point of not being able to smoke even outdoors in many places, for example, you're not allowed to smoke at train stations, even on outdoor platforms far removed from indoor areas. :hat:

I have to add I don't smoke, however, I do believe in personal freedom. :grin:
                    Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                    Nope sorry, Wales is not on my list of places to live, too wet, too cold and not enough sun.
                    Same here, love the scenery, but I run on solar batteries.

Your welcome, you must meet up with our other educated friend sometime and exchange latin phrases, you'd get on so well together.
                    ...I wonder WHO may that be? :doggieyes:

I'd say not much difference. :nono:

Comment

Nope sorry, Wales is not on my list of places to live, too wet, too cold and not enough sun.
                      It's lovely (if you're a duck!) Actually Anglesey, where a lot of my time is spent, has its own little micro-climate cos of Snowdonia. It tends to do better than most of the country. As I'm not a heat lover (otherwise known as a misery!) it suits me fine not having too much hot weather.

Comment

At this present juncture of my life I'd happily live in an igloo:snowbal:Altho my darling bought me an AC unit so life is a tad more comfy.

Comment

[QUOTE=FlamingParrot;364095]Things have changed too much in some areas, to the point of being ridiculous. A certain amount of caution is always wise, but things have gone too far, to the point of not being able to smoke even outdoors in many places, for example, you're not allowed to smoke at train stations, even on outdoor platforms far removed from indoor areas. :hat:

I have to add I don't smoke, however, I do believe in personal freedom. :grin:

Nope, sorry I can't agree with that, I'm of the belief that smokers should do it in the comfort of their own home and no where in public :bolt: sorry but I cannot stand the smell around me, sorry if that upsets any of you puffers.

Same here, love the scenery, but I run on solar batteries.

me too, give me a sunny climate any day.

Comment

Doesn't upset me in the slightest Sapphy...I smoke sympathetically (I think)....I use designated areas when I'm out,,I don't toddle along with a fag hanging out me gob cos it looks so awful.And if we're out at friends I will wait (as long as I can before the palpitations start).......and even then I'll go out and stand (or sit) by my car.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X