• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Too late to reclaim bank charges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to reclaim bank charges?

Hi read up about the bank charges and the fact that it is extremely hard to reclaim them nowadays, I was wondering as I would have racked up a lot of charges on 3 old accounts (3 years old) wether or not it was worth attempting to reclaim the charges by firing off the letters?
    Would it be a 100% waste of the £10 per account for the transaction history records or is there a chance if I can satisfy the criteria for financial hardship and snowballed charges especially the latter, that I maybe in with a shout for getting the charges refunded or have a settlement offer made by the bank, and does going after bank charges affect statue barred time frames?
    Tags: None

Re: Too late to reclaim bank charges?

Current accounts? Loan accounts? How old?

No way of knowing if you're suffering financial hardship without doing a comprehensive, CFS Compliant I&E. You can always offer a F&F settlement, you don't have to wait for them to make you one.

Comment

Re: Too late to reclaim bank charges?

Originally posted by labman View Post
      Current accounts? Loan accounts? How old?

No way of knowing if you're suffering financial hardship without doing a comprehensive, CFS Compliant I&E. You can always offer a F&F settlement, you don't have to wait for them to make you one.
      All 3 are current accounts that are 3 years old, I saw that snowballed charges are one of the ways in which you can still make a claim that could be accepted, the reason these accounts got into the shape they are is because at the time my earnings dropped by 25% pretty much over night (self employed) and the bank charges racked up and kept being applied on a constant basis by the time id paid off one set another set was on its way, since start of 2011 my financial situation has levelled off and have got better at managing my money, my main reason for applying for the bank charges is to clear outstanding debt on 3 accounts (2 santander 1 natwest) im pretty confident that the amounts of been charged will more than cover the outstanding debt but just wanted to know if I had a snowballs chance at getting some form of refund and if it affected statue barred time frames, as the last thing I would want to do is restart the clock from attempting to claim charges I might not get back anyway.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X