• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

am i entitled to a VTC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i entitled to a VTC

Hi all, ive had anither thread up on here but havent had a response as of yet, im just wanting to confirm a few things, i have a bill of sale contract with the funding coopertion and i can no longer afford the car, i have only had the car 12 months but due to recent change in circumstances the car has become unmanageable to keep up the repayments for it! I will upload my contract for you shortly as i have resolved my issue with my laptop but im just wanting some clarity on wether i am entitled to do a VTC and how it works and what the steps are to do this? If somebody could help or give some advice i would very much appreciate it.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: am i entitled to a VTC

here is some more pictures of contract also
    Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately voluntary termination is not an option of a bill of sale purchase, you can with the creditors permission get the car sold and then this will be credited against the remaining liability under the agreement but that is about all.

Bills of sale have to be correctly drafted in order to be binding on the debtor so you will need to check, they should also be registered

some info here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/.../31/section/10

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
        Unfortunately voluntary termination is not an option of a bill of sale purchase, you can with the creditors permission get the car sold and then this will be credited against the remaining liability under the agreement but that is about all.

Bills of sale have to be correctly drafted in order to be binding on the debtor so you will need to check, they should also be registered

some info here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/.../31/section/10

So how will I know if a bill of sale has been registered?

Comment

You can get details here

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/rcj-rolls-building/queens-bench/enforcement

Comment

I cant really see the documents youve attached im afraid, the images are far too small.
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
              I cant really see the documents youve attached im afraid, the images are far too small.
              My laptop won't let me make them any bigger, I just wanted to clarify if I could do a vt, which I can't, any advice on which route to go down?

Comment

You would have to get hold of the holder of the BOS and voluntarily surrender, or get their permission to sell and offset the sum owed under the agreement, if the BOS is kosher you are only in possession of the vehicle they are the owners so you could not sell on your own behalf.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X