• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

my wife had a lot of catalogues which are now mostly all paid back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my wife had a lot of catalogues which are know mostly all paid back

Originally posted by halsaps View Post
    I have had a call from lowells they offered a 50% cut to £170
    but this is half of the larger figure not on the figure on my letter that I have for £269 on one letter I have should i try to pay this or state again
    that I am waiting for my cca request it would be a struggle even at £5 a month
    your help is gratefully appreciated
    If it was me, I'd state I'm still waiting for their response to my CCA request, :thumb: the fact that they are offering such a large discount seems to indicate they are not confident to be able to produce anything!

Comment

Lowells have been back with a reduced offer of half the original debt but not the lowest figure I have of £264.00 but the £350 I sadly have to try to pay that all although it will be a struggle it would have been better if it was the lower ammount of course you thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.
      What makes you say that you will have to pay it? :confused2: They haven't even responded to your CCA request and their chances of coming up with one are very slim indeed!

Comment

another small question slightly away from this can the catalogue say that they are not liable to repay the charges as they have sold the debt
        on to another party help very much appreciated. as some are aying this to me

Comment

another small question slightly away from this can the catalogue say that they are not liable to repay the charges as they have sold the debt
          on to another party help very much appreciated. as some are aying this to me
          If they can't produce any agreement, they can't make you pay through the courts, so you'd have the option not to pay anything, which would make any charges, immaterial.

I had a similar situation with MBNA who kept adding interest (at a whooping 36%! ) for 6 months after default as well as overlimit charges, but as they could never find the agreement, I've not paid them a penny for nearly 4 years, meaning I'm not bothered by the balance increase, not paying £6k is just the same as not paying £8k. :thumb:

Comment

slightly off from this as these catlogues simply be / lowells in particular have stressed me out so much I decided a while back to complain to all the ones
            she had to get cack some of the unfair charges adimistration fees etc it is know getting down to the end of the 8 weeks with the FOS what type of documents from these catalogues will best help my case I am not looking to good with the catalogues at the moment although freemans I have a chance. advice v much appreciated.

Comment

slightly off from this as these catlogues simply be / lowells in particular have stressed me out so much I decided a while back to complain to all the ones
              she had to get cack some of the unfair charges adimistration fees etc it is know getting down to the end of the 8 weeks with the FOS what type of documents from these catalogues will best help my case I am not looking to good with the catalogues at the moment although freemans I have a chance. advice v much appreciated.
              It depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to know exactly how much has been added in charges, you need to look at your statements, if you haven't got them, you can get them by sending a SAR.

If you want to know whether there is a signed credit agreement (very unlikely) that would make the catalog debts enforceable in court, then a CCA request is the way to go. Without such an agreement, they couldn't obtain judgment against you even if you didn't pay them a penny, making the issue of charges largely academic. This would work best if the accounts were opened before April 2007. :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X