• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle money is now arb advisory?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifestyle money is now arb advisory?

HI,

I signed up with Lifestyle money to claim back my ppi refunds. They have refunded me 2 of the claims & 2 were not upheld. This was last year & I had not received any updates or information about the one claim.
    I tried calling & calling, but if I did manage to speak to somebody they told me that these things take time etc etc.
    I then discovered that the website was not working & the telephone number I had was disconnected. Shortly after this I heard that the company had gone in to administration.
    As I still had a claim outstanding I decided to go ahead myself. This was January 2013.

On 27th June 2013 a Jack Thomas contacted e on my mobile claiming that he was from a company called ARB Advisory & they had taken over Lifestyle money claims.
    He wanted some more details reference the claims that I had originally with lifestyle money. As my whole experience with Lifestyle money was awful I did not want to give out any more of my details.
    I stated that I was unhappy with the service previously & I was unsure why I needed to give out any details if they had all the info from Lifestyle money.
    Mr Thomas got quite aggressive & eventually hung up on me. I have now blocked the number.

Since this telephone conversation I have notification that my claim has been upheld.
    However today I have received an email from James Keen:
    "Its James from ARB Advisory I have tried to contact you today in regards to your ongoing PPI claim you set up with Lifestyle Money. I’m currently reviewing your case files and can see we still require some agreement numbers from yourself. You may recall that customer request letters were sent off to your lenders requesting your agreement numbers, If you have not yet received a response you can also try and obtain your account details via the websitewww.noddle.co.uk – this is a website which provides a free credit check and the last four digits of your account numbers can usually be found on here along with the details of which lenders you have had credit with. We have just recently signed a large contract with a processing company called Real Time Claims, they are able to get a response back from your lenders within 7-14 days, Due to your claims being on file for some time now I would like to prioritize and get your claims underway. We will require you to sign new Letters of Authorities in order for them to get the response back within the given timescale."Am I correct in thinking if I have not given them signed letters of authority they have no right to my claim that i made myself?
    Thank you in advance for any advice or guidance that can be offered.
    Tags: None

Re: Lifestyle money is now arb advisory?

Hi chucky and welcome do not sign anything that is sent to you, hang fire and someone will be along to advise you properly as to what you should do next. People on here are in contact with the MOJ and are trying to establish if this taking over of claims from companies gone into administration is ok.
    Enaid x

Comment

Thank you Enaid!
      I will wait patiently if also a little anxiously!
      X

Comment

Can you clarify who you originally signed up with - was it Lifestyle Claims (Client Connection Ltd) or was it Lifestyle Money (All Debt Solutions Ltd) ?

Comment

It was lifestyle money.
          Thank you.

Comment

I have just checked the MOJ authorised businesses search and A R B Advisory does not show as an authorised business with the MOJ as a CMC.https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/search.aspx this then takes you to another page where you can advise the MOJ/TS that this company is trading but is not showing as authorised. It could be that their Limited Company name is different and that could be the reason why they are not showing as authorised.

Have you received a letter yet from the administrators who I am going to assume for the moment are Sharma's advising you the position with regards to your claims with Lifestyle Money? Also you may want to read this bulletin from the MOJ on what to do when a CMC business is cancelled etc..... http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/...ncelled-v2.pdf

Also Lifestyle Money's authorisation was surrendered on 17/7/2013 Business Details Business Name: All Debt Solutions Ltd (IN LIQUIDATION) Address: Princess House,
            Princess Way Town/City: Swansea Postcode: SA1 3LW County: Abertawe
            Trading Names: Lifestyle Money, Start my Claim, Start My Mortgage Claim Sectors: Financial products/services, Personal Injury Status: Authorisation Surrendered
            Last edited by TUTTSI; 27th July 2013, 08:19:AM.

Comment

ARB ADVISORY LIMITED

»Home»ARB ADVISORY LIMITED

Address

2430 / 2440 THE QUADRANT
              AZTEC WEST ALMONDSBURY
              BRISTOL
              UNITED KINGDOM
              BS32 4AQ

Other service activities not elsewhere classified

Legal Information

Company Registration No.:08195301
              Incorporation Date:29 Aug 201210 Months old

Financial Year End:31 Aug
              Capital:£100.00on 1 May 2013

Company Return - Directors & Shareholder Information:
              As at:
              26 Apr 2013
              Filed on:
              1 May 2013

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have checked them out, they are not showing on the MOJ's authorised businesses list search with the MOJ to trade as a CMC.

Interestingly enough look whose name appears to be connected to this company - yep Gravity Financial Solutions who now trade as Synergy who were also connected to Lifestyle Claims they are indeed connected to this jigsaw puzzle:-
                CONNECTED CLAIMS LIMITED
                Document: TM02 - Ending appointment as Secretary
                APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, SECRETARY SHAUN PEMBERTON
                Filed on: 25 Jan 2011
                Add another document for this company?
                £4.99
                GRAVITY FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
                Document: GAZ2(A) -
                FINAL GAZETTE: DISSOLVED VIA VOLUNTARY STRIKE-OFF
                Filed on: 27 Mar 2012
                £4.99
                ARB ADVISORY LIMITED
                Document: AR01 - Annual Return of company information (not accounts)
                26/04/13 FULL LIST
                Filed on: 01 May 2013
                Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                ARB ADVISORY LIMITED

»Home»ARB ADVISORY LIMITED

Address

2430 / 2440 THE QUADRANT
                AZTEC WEST ALMONDSBURY
                BRISTOL
                UNITED KINGDOM
                BS32 4AQ

Other service activities not elsewhere classified

Legal Information

Company Registration No.:08195301
                Incorporation Date:29 Aug 201210 Months old

Financial Year End:31 Aug
                Capital:£100.00on 1 May 2013

Company Return - Directors & Shareholder Information:
                As at:
                26 Apr 2013
                Filed on:
                1 May 2013

Last edited by TUTTSI; 27th July 2013, 08:33:AM.

Comment

Thank you all so much for helping me.
                  I was only connected by email. I am pretty certain as there was no company address logo etc in the email.
                  I am treating it as a desperation cold call email. As they have asked for me to contact them to sign letters of authority, they do not have any right to act on my behalf.
                  Once again thank you all so much for this help.
                  Chuckypig17

Comment

IMHO you cannot be forced to sign a letter of authority. I could not find them on the MOJ's list of authorised CMC's, so I would be extremely wary of them. If you are in any doubt please seek legal advice in addition to the advice sought on here. I would certainly report them to the MOJ/TS or at least ask them to confirm if they are authorised or not. Have you heard yet from the administrators of Lifestyle Money and have they told you that ARB Advisory have taken over the clients of LM? If they keep on contacting you can send them a harassment letter - but if you do, do not sign with your usual siggie. this is a sample letter
                    Company Name & Address

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don't yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

Your Name
                    Originally posted by CHUCKYPIG17 View Post
                    Thank you all so much for helping me.
                    I was only connected by email. I am pretty certain as there was no company address logo etc in the email.
                    I am treating it as a desperation cold call email. As they have asked for me to contact them to sign letters of authority, they do not have any right to act on my behalf.
                    Once again thank you all so much for this help.
                    Chuckypig17

Comment

I've reported ARB to MOJ for appearing to operate without authorization.

Comment

I just checked the MOJ site and ARB Advisory Ltd are indeed authorized.

Comment

When I checked last week it was not there and neither was there a website with their authorisation number. How strange???
                          Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          I just checked the MOJ site and ARB Advisory Ltd are indeed authorized.

Comment

Hi all, I have just found this site and wish I new about it sooner. Sorry it is long winded but here is my case so far. In May 2011 I was contacted by Lifestyle Money regarding a PPI miss selling to myself by HSBC. I took them up on their services and was required to make a down payment of £590.98 per claim of which I was registering 2 therefore a total of £719.96. I made this payment on the 5th May 2011 on the understanding that my fee would be claimed back either from HSBC or deducted from my final settlement Fee.
                            I have received my invoices from Synergy Financial solutions for a total £2753.85. There is no indication of the repayment of my initial down payment of £719.96. I h tried to contact Lifestyle Moneys help line twice and received the answer phone stating “ we will call you back within 3 hours” of which I have left two messages and so far to date have not been called back. The date of my first phone call was the 19th January 2012 at around 16:30hrs and the second was on the 20th January 2012 at around 09:30 hrs. Therefore I have paid my bill to Synergy Financial Solutions less the £719.96 this is £2033.89 (£2753.85-£719.96 = £2033.89) that I paid up front.
                            I classed payment as a down payment deposit on my fee that was paid on 5th of May 2011, on the credit card that Lifestyle Money recommended for payment, and after filling the forms in twice, I have been paying interests on this fee. In total I have paid £79.19 in interest on this amount.
                            I have give Lifestyle Money until the 20th of February 2012 to give me full written instructions otherwise I will class the case as closed and all debts paid.
                            Lifestyle Money did not responded to date and Synergy has contacted me a few times as detailed below. They have threatened about taking me to court but have not produced the evidence I have asked for. I believe I may have been misinformed at the start of the contract and felt that bulling tactics are being used as I am asking questions.
                            When I sent letters on the 22nd January I enclosed the cheque payment to Synergy.
                            On the 23rd I had a phone call from Synergy saying my payment was £ 719.96 short, I explained the situation as per the letter. They informed me that on receipt of the full payment the £719.96 would be returned to me. I requested that Lifestyle Money contact me in writing, as my contract was with them and confirm this, then I would pay the remaining £719.96. They said they would contact Lifestyle Money.
                            26th January 2013 I had a call off Synergy again said they had spoken to LifeStyle Money. I informed them that Lifestyle had still not contacted me. Synergy said Lifestyle has listen to the recording and I was not told I would get my money back. They threatened to take me to the small claims court. I informed them that my contract was with Lifestyle money. I also told them that I would request a copy or the recording and I would not have paid all that money up front if I would not get it back. It seems like they are changing their story. I informed them that I would be taking legal advice.
                            31st Had a call from "Maria" from Synergy saying I had five claims in and they think I have only been paid four. She said she was going to call HSBC and check. And the call ended. I have noticed the contract on their site is now different to mine and it now says you will not get the upfront payment back!
                            There has since been no further communication between myself and either company’s. Then in June this year I had a call off Lifestyle money saying I owed them £719.96 I stated to them that I felt they where unprofessional and they agreed to only charge me half the amount. 3 time they have called may and asked for payment and 3 times I have asked to have it in writing. Finally on the 30th July 2013 I get a letter not from Lifestyle money but ARBAdvisory? Asking for payment stating there was a invoice and a prepaid envelope but in fact there was only 2 copies of the letter.

Again Sorry it is long winded but I would like to share my experience with you all in case it helps.

Comment

Hi Richt

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

I will try respond to you tomorrow as it is late now and there is a fair bit to read and understand on how Synergy fit into this together with Lifestyle Money and whether at anytime you may have signed any documents with Synergy or ARB advisory?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X