• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim for Received - IND/Welcome/Hagarty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim for Received - IND/Welcome/Hagarty

Hello everyone. Im hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as I am panicking and Losing sleep over the below. This is really affecting my work and my personal relationships and I really don't know what to do.

Following on from my earlier thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Court-Action)

To summerise, on the 4th July, I received a letter from IND (Dated 17th June) titled "LAST LETTER BEFORE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS". This was the first letter I have ever received from them.

The letter stated that I have an outstanding debt with Welcome Finance of £3845 and I have until the 1st July to respond before they refer this to court.

It would appear that they sent the letter after the deadline date.

I sent an email to Welcome and IND on the 4th to ask for more information on this debt but didn't get a response to either. I then sent a CCA letter to IND on 8th July and then, as advised, I sent a Prove it letter to IND on 11th July.

Today I came home to a claim form from Northampton County Court for a total amount of £5010.

I have never received anything in the form of statements or a breakdown of the debt. Just a letter with the above amount from IND.

I had a loan with Welcome many years ago. I couldn't even tell you when I last made a payment or how much the loan was for. I do know that there was PPI involved though. I'm positive about that.

I looked back over my credit file and there is nothing on there about Welcome Finance now but I have an archived Credit report that shows the debt with them as settled in 2007. This was removed from my credit file in December 2012 as it was older that 6 years.

I don't expect help with this but any advice would be very much appreciated.

Than you in advance.
    Last edited by bmanc; 12th July 2013, 17:56:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Claim for Received - IND/Welcome/Hagarty

Originally posted by bmanc View Post
    I sent an email to Welcome and IND on the 4th to ask for more information on this debt but didn't get a response to either. I then sent a CCA letter to IND on 8th July and then, as advised, I sent a Prove it letter to IND on 11th July.
    Did you get any response to any of these? Can you tell us a bit more about the history of this debt? :typing:

Today I came home to a claim form from Northampton County Court for a total amount of £5010.
    Can post up the particulars of claim here? hoto:

You have 14 days (+ 5 allowed for service) to acknowledge the claim. If you tick the box saying you intend to defend in full, that should give you a further 14 days to prepare your defence. :clock:

Once you've acknowledged, you need to send a CPR 31.14 request for documents mentioned on the particulars of claim.

I have never received anything in the form of statements or a breakdown of the debt. Just a letter with the above amount from IND.

I had a loan with Welcome many years ago. I couldn't even tell you when I last made a payment or how much the loan was for. I do know that there was PPI involved though. I'm positive about that.
    You can send a CPR part 18 for information.

I looked back over my credit file and there is nothing on there about Welcome Finance now but I have an archived Credit report that shows the debt with them as settled in 2007. This was removed from my credit file in December 2012 as it was older that 6 years.
    This could have been because the debt was sold to a DCA...

I don't expect help with this but any advice would be very much appreciated.

Than you in advance.
    You may be able to get help from PT2537 or Celestine, the forum owner, both work in Consumer Credit litigation... :thumb:
    Last edited by FlamingParrot; 15th July 2013, 11:29:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Did you get any response to any of these? Can you tell us a bit more about the history of this debt? :typing:

Can post up the particulars of claim here? hoto

You have 14 days (+ 5 allowed for service) to acknowledge the claim. If you tick the box saying you intend to defend in full, that should give you a further 14 days to prepare your defence. :clock:

Once you've acknowledged, you need to send a CPR 31.14 request for documents mentioned on the particulars of claim.

You can send a CPR part 18 for information.

This could have been because the debt was sold to a DCA...

You may be able to get help from PT2537 or Celestine, the forum owner, both work in Consumer Credit litigation... :thumb:

Firstly. Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I have been losing hope over the weekend. I cant help feeling that I should be enjoying the sun, rather than worrying about this.

I havent had a response from IND or Welcome since the first letter, entitled "Last Letter Before Legal Action". they have received both the CCA and the Prove it, but nothing.

I got a loan in 2005/2006 from Welcome. I cant remember how much for or what the repayments were. I split with my partner in 2007 and fell on some hard times as all the debt we had accrued was in my name so she took no responsibility.

From there, I had many debts that sort of spiraled out of control they all just seem to be a massive jumble of numbers and pound signs. If this is legitimate and I do owe, It would be uncharacteristic of me to just dodge it as I have taken huge steps to clear everything over the past couple of years.

It just seems odd that after all these years, I get no communication then the first letter I receive is titled "Last Letter".

I am at work until 5.30 but I will get all the claim info on here as soon as I get home.

Thanks again.

Comment

Here is the particulars of the claim:

The Claimant claims for sums due under Fixed-Sum Loan Agreement(s) regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 entered into between the Claimant and the Defendant. The defendant failed to pay the contractual instalments in compliance with the terms of agreement(s). The term of the agreement(s) has expired. The Claimant complied with Section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct.
        And the Claimant Claims:
        Personal Loan Account Number XXXXXXX arrears balance of 3,8xx.xx as of 1/1/10.
        Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 1/1/10 to 5/7/13 of 1,0xx.xx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payments at a daily rate of 0.84 AND costs.

Comment

Here is the particulars of the claim:

The Claimant claims for sums due under Fixed-Sum Loan Agreement(s) regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 entered into between the Claimant and the Defendant. The defendant failed to pay the contractual instalments in compliance with the terms of agreement(s). The term of the agreement(s) has expired. The Claimant complied with Section III and IV and Annex B of the PD Pre-Action Conduct.
          And the Claimant Claims:
          Personal Loan Account Number XXXXXXX arrears balance of 3,8xx.xx as of 1/1/10.
          Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 1/1/10 to 5/7/13 of 1,0xx.xx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payments at a daily rate of 0.84 AND costs.

Bmanc, How has this gone? Did you defend it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X