• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello. Can anyone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. Can anyone help?

Hi I am new to this forum thing and I am looking for some advice. I applied for a free trial on Dead sea Beauty kit and had to pay £3.95 postage but that was it, well so I thought. They have taken monies from my account because I didn't read the small print and I mean it was small and not very clear. When I noticed I rang the company in London and explained my situation and was told that because I didn't send back the items within 30 days then I have been charged, I had been deducted £95.95 for the 3 tiny pots of so called cream. The operator explained that I was also down for an auto refill product so I cancelled any further products and asked to be taken from the list. She assured me this was done but the auto refill was already on the way but once returned to them my money would be refunded within 30 days, my account had again been deducted over £100. This time the company was called Red Dead Sea and another payment to Blue Dead Sea. So far 2 weeks on no refill product had turned up and they no longer respond to my emails since I asked for the complains procedure.
    My questions are;
    1) How can I return a product I haven't got and don't think will ever turn up?
    2) Is it legal for them to take money from my account under a different company name?
    3) How and to who do I complain?
    Any advice or help would be great as I can really afford to be down any money. Thanks Fee

Tags: None

Re: Hello. Can anyone help?

First of all get on to your bank and invoke a chargeback. This is a scam and the banks do know about it.

Do a search on this forum for similar cases.

Look at this entry

Comment

Thanks, the bank has stopped any further transactions from the company via their fraud team but they say I have to claim any money taken already back myself.

Comment

No, get back on to the bank and request that they do a charge back as the amount was not agreed by you. Be persistent in your request.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X