• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

!!! Vodafone unauthorised payment taken !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: !!! Vodafone unauthorised payment taken !!!

Originally posted by danavis25 View Post
    Also i would like someone to look into the fact the handset keeps freezing esp when trying to create a text. the cursor moves but there is nothing there then it catches up with itself then closes the text message application down?
    Could be the phone memory is bogged down, even though iPhones are not supposed to keep apps running in the background in the same way as computers, sometimes you need to manually close apps by clicking on the little x or turn off the phone, then back on again. This solved some problems I once had accessing the internet over the cell data network, which stopped working when I was abroad and I put it down to having reached some sort of cap on spending, but it didn't work when I came back either, so I took the iPhone to a Vodafone shop and that was their suggestion. :nerd:

Comment

My OH regularly closes all the stuff I've left open.It can and does cause problems if not cleared.

Comment

I regularly check that after being told about it a few months ago, your right it does store alot of apps etc however its cleared regularly.

I am still waiting on Lee coming back to me

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          If Vodaphone supplied the phone then the apple 12 month warranty is immaterial, especially as the problems have been reported previously.
          I wish this was the case, but ultimately the warrenty is with the manufacturer, and that is a 12 month warrenty.

I dont work for Vodaphone, but I do work in the mobile industry, and as Apple sell an Icare package to extend the warrenty to 3 years there is no way they will honour an out of date warrenty, and this is a network wide thing.

Comment

So as a customer of Vodafone if you have a faulty phone etc were do you stand then if the handset is out of the warrenty? because this is sounding like another cop out.

Im no technical expert when it comes to phones but how is it the SIM would cause all the issues i seem ot be having? Only issue i have with going to my local Vodafone store is that this is 14.6 mile trip so its 30 miles approx to get a new SIM.
            If the handset is out of warrenty and it is a handset glitch, there is little any provider can do but try and solve the problems in other ways.
            For example the SIM card, occasionally they can go haywire, stop working and the phone says Nope, not playing, i need a working SIM ( i believe the technical term is buggered!) Maybe Lee can send you out a new SIM card himself.. save you a trip.

Normally the Warrenty is pretty much the length of your contract with the exception of an iPhone. They all have 12 months warrentys, and if the fault is found after 28 days the repair is doneunder manufacturers warrenty.

If you took out the iCare package it is a 3 year warrenty I believe but this needs to be done within the first 2 months i believe, it might be worth a word with Apple about this too.

Comment

To be honest with you what you have just said doesn't at all surprise me just another thing to add to the list of things i have about Vodafone, If i had of knew the warrenty issue i wouldn't have taken out a contract with a phone that had the potential to leave me paying for a contract on a mobile i can't use. Is there not some form of industry rule that prevents businesses from knowingly selling products in this manner.

I can't imagine i am the only person in this boat. I personally think that Vodafone are crooks and there core value isn't to help the customer it is to get out of them what they can and customer service goes by the waste side.

I am going to leave this now pay what i need ot until my contract is over and leave they have lost a customer and have also lost another 4 customers which i know of due to this issue and the last issue i had.

Nice one Vodafone and like i said previous i am yet to hear back from lee also.

Comment

To be honest with you what you have just said doesn't at all surprise me just another thing to add to the list of things i have about Vodafone, If i had of knew the warrenty issue i wouldn't have taken out a contract with a phone that had the potential to leave me paying for a contract on a mobile i can't use. Is there not some form of industry rule that prevents businesses from knowingly selling products in this manner.

I can't imagine i am the only person in this boat. I personally think that Vodafone are crooks and there core value isn't to help the customer it is to get out of them what they can and customer service goes by the waste side.

I am going to leave this now pay what i need ot until my contract is over and leave they have lost a customer and have also lost another 4 customers which i know of due to this issue and the last issue i had.

I had bad service from Vodafone when I was a PAYG customer. Their customer relations staff were unhelpful and rude. I've been with EE (formerly Orange) for the last five years and had good service from them.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I am going to have a good look around and see what is out there but at the moment i have found a sim only deal with Virgin media.

£15 per month, monthly rolling contract, unlimited text, unlimited minutes and unlimited data.

aves me having to deal with Virgin and i am sure i have an old phone or two in the house i can use until such time i find another provider and a handset i want.

Comment

Unfortunatly when you take out the contract and recieve the handset, the warranty is in the box with the phone, it is your responsiblity to check this out. The mobile provider cannot be held responsible for the length of a manufacturers warranty or if the customer has not checked the details. I know with the company I work for there is a 7 day cool off period for the contract, and any returns must be done in this period.

I am going to leave this now pay what i need ot until my contract is over and leave they have lost a customer and have also lost another 4 customers

I am sure Lee will be unhappy to read this, but from a C/S advisors point of view and strictly playing Devils Advocate, he has done everything he can in this case and again cannot help if the phone is out of warranty.

I am sure Lee is incredibly busy coming back from his hols but I will PM him again for you.

Comment

Hi Dan,

Although I wasn't able to reach you yesterday I'll try again during the course of today.

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                      I had bad service from Vodafone when I was a PAYG customer. Their customer relations staff were unhelpful and rude. I've been with EE (formerly Orange) for the last five years and had good service from them.
                      Hi bluebottle,

It's a shame to see that you didn't get the best experience when you were with us.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
                      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Vodafone unauthorised payment taken !!!

Usually the most efficient way to fix issues related to unauthorized charges is call the help support of Bank. You can also report such transactions on http://www.vcharges.com/

Comment

I too agree this is too long wait for a refund and dishearted to see the way they treated.
                          Do make a official Complaint. Am sure it will help you out.
                          I too faced a issue with Vodafone Customer Service. It is Pathetic.
                          I did had a talk with customer service and spoke to a representive which was sounding sarcastic and spoke over me. She informed me that bank should have given me the money, and that was my problem with bank now not Vodafone. I found the attitude incredible and pointed out that Vodafone took out an unauthorised payments and wasnt the fault of bank.

I had reported this unauthorised charges to http://www.vcharges.com/.

It is now settled.

Comment

I have my own story to tell. You may be interested. Its a long story, but basically I signed up for broadband and they refused to issue me with a PIN number, insisting that I also signed up to a Vodafone SIM package at more ongoing expense. It does not state this in any advertising and so their adverts are misleading. Then without the PIN it made the broadband package currently being advertised as unusable.

Subject:
                            Cancelled broadband within 14 days (cooling-off period)
                            Brief summary of your experience/query:
                            Despite cancelling within 14 days they deducted £49 from my bank account on 16th August 2016. Their advertising states they do not make any deductions until everything is completed - it was not completed.

However I have had lengthy discussions with them and they are playing every trick in the book to refund me my £49, have even wasted hours and hours of my time and money in petrol, phone calls and time.

They admit (in writing) that they owe me the money but state it can only be refunded over the phone and that they cannot contact me by phone. They also state that the only way they will refund me is if I give them my debit card details over the phone so they can ‘refund’ it. Sounds very much like the sort of thing a scammer will do as you normally use a card to pay for something, not the other way around. So I am very worried about that.

I have offered 7 other solutions including just send me a cheque. They refuse outright and persist in keep on stating countless times that it can only be done by phone - yet their phone system will strangely never connect to me. We are now at 5 weeks and the way I see it they are just waiting on purpose until I can take action with the Ombudsman after 8 weeks.

This is all unnecessary, time consuming, costing money, wasting hours, days, weeks of my time. They also refuse to issue a 'deadlock letter' despite saying they would then retracting that statement. As I said, just waiting out the time and do nothing. They know they owe me the money (and should also compensate for this) but just do nothing.

I have used Resolver for the past few weeks and had zero response from Sarah Green - Vodafone Complaints Manager. I have emailed Jeroen Hoencamp their CEO twice and had zero response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X