• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Medical records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical records

My employer keeps harraseing me for access to my medical records as i am on sick leave at the moment, i was wondering is there anything stopping me chargeing a fee for access?(consent to my medical records) for example billing them £100 for my consent to my medical records?.
    Tags: None

Re: Medical records

Why are you on sick leave?
    How long have you done the job?
    How long have you been on sick leave?

Comment

Yes there is. The fact that if you fail to cooperate with them you are handing them a case to sack you! If you have nothing to hide, why would you want to refuse? You can ask your doctor to show you what they say before it is sent. But refusing is not a viable option if you wish to remain employment.

Comment

PS. A few short months ago it appears that you were on JSA. How come you are now on sick leave? There's a story here that isn't clear. Lack of facts from you means advice that isn't worth having. What is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
          PS. A few short months ago it appears that you were on JSA. How come you are now on sick leave? There's a story here that isn't clear. Lack of facts from you means advice that isn't worth having. What is going on?
          Yes i was unemployed(not illegal yet in money and goverment circles) a few months ago i do suffer from mental health problems and i havent refused anybody access to anything i asked can i charge access to my medical records?.
          Last edited by povertypimp; 20th June 2013, 18:22:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
            If you have nothing to hide, why would you want to refuse? You can ask your doctor to show you what they say before it is sent.
            One may also specify that only material relevant to a particular enquiry is disclosed.

Comment

Depressed at having to get up in a morning to go do an honest days work and trying to get an extra bung off his employers before they find out he's skiving and they give him the boot.

A chancer denying someone that wants to work a job and trying to con his way back onto benefits it sounds like to me, but of course I may be wrong!

Genuine, nothing to hide, want to go back to work, give them access to the information they need to justify keeping you on the payroll at the expense of someone that wants to make their own way in life.

Comment

Originally posted by povertypimp View Post
                Yes i was unemployed(not illegal yet in money and goverment circles) a few months ago i do suffer from mental health problems and i havent refused anybody access to anything i asked can i charge access to my medical records?.
                And you have had an answer - no you can't.

But you aren't telling the backstory are you? I didn't ask you a question that warrants your reaction - but I did ask you what is going on. A question you didn't answer. The good news is, I don't charge for answering - the bad news is that you are avoiding the question so you won't be getting any more answers until you start being honest. Something which you are actively avoiding. I see someone trying to construct a case that isn't there after a few months employment. I'd love you to prove me wrong - and if I am not, you haven't been watching the news, and you are going to be soooo disappointed. The golden goose that was never a golden goose flew the nest.

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
                  Depressed at having to get up in a morning to go do an honest days work and trying to get an extra bung off his employers before they find out he's skiving and they give him the boot.

A chancer denying someone that wants to work a job and trying to con his way back onto benefits it sounds like to me, but of course I may be wrong!

Genuine, nothing to hide, want to go back to work, give them access to the information they need to justify keeping you on the payroll at the expense of someone that wants to make their own way in life.
                  You sound like Iain duncan smith lol there is no conspiracy i just asked a legitimate question and judgeing by the reactions im gathering you can charge for access to medical records.

Golden goose, a chancer, extra bung, what the hell??????

Comment

If you take that attitude with your employer you might not need the records just an aplication form for benefits

Comment

Originally posted by povertypimp View Post
                      You sound like Iain duncan smith lol there is no conspiracy i just asked a legitimate question and judgeing by the reactions im gathering you can charge for access to medical records.

Golden goose, a chancer, extra bung, what the hell??????

Judging by the answers you are getting you cannot charge your employer to access your medical records when you are off sick from work due to mental health issues or any other issues.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO CHARGE YOUR EMPLOYER FOR ACCESS TO YOUR FILES?

If you want to retain a job to go back to when you realise that you are lucky to have a job then you would have no hesitation in supplying your employer with the necessary evidence from your doctor to prove you are ill and there is the possibility you can return to work within a week or 2.

If you cannot prove you will be able to, or want to, return to work and you make things difficult by trying to make money for nothing then why should the company have to continue funding your layabout arse on the never never?

I would guess 90% of most mental health issues are self induced, you convince yourself you are mentally ill to justify not having to stand on your own 2 feet while everyone else picks up the tab.

No wonder the country is in such a mess when there are people out there daft enough to believe they can charge an employer for access to their medical records.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear!

Comment

Looking at the OP's posting history I suspected "troll". Nothing so far has indicated otherwise. I repeat - you cannot charge for access to medical records, but you can be dismissed as a consequence of refusal. If you have nothing to hide, and everything indicates you do, then agree. If you don't, then that's an excellent reason to carry on pissing around with your employer of weeks...... You have an awful shock coming.....

Comment

[QUOTE=IanM;350859]
                          I would guess 90% of most mental health issues are self induced, you convince yourself you are mentally ill to justify not having to stand on your own 2 feet while everyone else picks up the tab.

Whilst I agree with the responses to this post on what basis do you "guess" @ 90%?. You have experience of dealing with the mentally ill, or you read The Daily Wail and Torygraph?

Comment

I agree about the comments on wanting to charge for access to medical records for use purely for his employer to confirm the illness.

However, and this is important, the total ignorance being shown of mental health issues is astonishing, and to be honest does the site a huge dis-service. Mental health issues are a genuine illness and should be seen as such. The comments on this thread about it are extremely unhelpful and ignorant.

Comment

I second labman on both points.

Btw - I think that any prospective claim for unfair/ constructive dismissal requires 2 years employment.
                              & I doubt whether victimisation, discrimination or harassment would apply here.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X