• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aktive Kapital is using two different collection agencies for the same bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aktive Kapital is using two different collection agencies for the same bill

This is a bit confusing. Ten months ago, I received a letter from Aktiv Kapital regarding an outstanding amount on a Bell Canada Phone Bill from 2004. I was actually happy because I always felt bad about not paying the bill and thought this was the best way to go to clear up the mess. WRONG; We were offered a choice of three different payment plans - choosing the third one which would be $70.00 a month for a year. That was ten months ago so we have two months of payments left. NO PROBLEM SO FAR. Two days ago I get a nasty phone call from Action Collections and Receivables Management demanding $175.00 to be paid the following day for - GET THIS - the same Bell Canada account that we have been paying off for the past year. I explained to the bitch on the other end of the phone that we were already paying off the debt through Aktiv Kapital and she said - 'Well that's us" and I replied 'Then the debt amount should be coming down if we are paying it off right'. To which she responded 'You don't know what you're talking about.' and hung up on me. Later that day I received an email regarding the account - along with more demands to pay it. The other group I deal with - Bond Street Collections Inc., have been fair and have not hassled us at all. Every payment has been made on time. What I want to know is why two Aktiv Kapital accounts exist for the same phone number I used to have and how can both be demanding money for the same account.
    Tags: None

Re: Aktive Kapital is using two different collection agencies for the same bill

Hi there,

From your post above, you seem to be in based in Canada. This forum is based in the United Kingdom, where our legal system would be different from yours, there would be different guidelines for debt collection, etc.

Aktiv Kapital is also very much active in this country and just as naughty, I had a letter from them only a few days ago, for a debt I thought I had settled years ago! http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...settlement-%28 :rant:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X