• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Advice needed

Hi everybody I am new on legal beagles.

I have been employed for 4 years. My employer previously used to pay me incorrectly. For example I have worked 29 hours and he would pay me for 21 hours. I have shown him my wage slip and he use to take me into his office on look on the computer system, he use to always say that you have been paid correctly and that I have made a mistake. So, what I did was on my wage slip I written down the hours he never paid me for.

I heard one of the managers yesterday say to one of the staff if that if you don't get the job done in less than 1 hour I will deduct your wage. This happend on the shop floor and there are a couple of witnesses too.

I wanted to get in touch with the head office regarding this because in total I now believe that I have not been paid in total over 4 year 40 hours

Can I get in touch with a Solicitor? What further action can I take? Is it going to be worth taking this further?

Please reply,

thank you

regards

Tags: None

Re: Employment Advice needed

I've moved this post to the employment section as it was previously tacked to the end of an unconnected thread
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

A solicitor will cost you more than you would ever get back - if you get anything at all back. And I am afraid that may not be very likely.

Your handwritten notes about what you say you have worked are not evidence. What is evidence, I am afraid, are the employers records which you have left unchallenged for four years! You are too late to reclaim most of this money via an employment tribunal, so to reclaim money over a four year period you would need to make a civil claim in the small claims courts - but either would require some real evidence that what you are claiming is true, and that the hours you worked were actually agreed hours by the employer, and lacking that, a very convincing reason why you would have sat on this for four years and done nothing at all about it. Since that does not appear to be something that you have, I very much doubt you would win, but I am pretty certain that you will have a bare minimum of hours the employer needs to give you to work until such time as you are dismissed. Sorry - but what you are trying to do here is the fastest way to unemployment I can think of. So unless you can come up with something in the way of real evidence...

And the same goes for going to Head Office - you have no evidence, the employer says you have been paid correctly and does have evidence, and you will probably be out of the door with your P45 as soon as they think of a convincing reason to sack you. It is never difficult for an enterprising employer to find a good reason for dismissal, whether you think they could or not - they will!

What was said to another worker and overheard is none of your business. With or without witnesses. It wasn't said to you. If the person it was said to wishes to complain, that is their decision. But I will lay bets that no matter how many witnesses there were, the worker it was said to will deny it point blank when (if?) questioned. Because they will want to keep their job, lousy though it sounds to be, and they aren't going to be joining in on your side of this. It's a bleak prediction I know, but since that is almost always what happens - people fail to see and hear many things, often - then I wouldn't rate the chances of anything different happening this time. And besides which - it may not be polite, it may not be nice, but unless the manager makes good on what they say and makes an unlawful deduction of wages and you can prove that, what is the complaint?

I am sorry, but my best advice on "further action" is to get another job - one where they pay you and treat their employees better.

Comment

Originally posted by 100106822 View Post
        Hi everybody I am new on legal beagles.

I have been employed for 4 years. My employer previously used to pay me incorrectly. For example I have worked 29 hours and he would pay me for 21 hours. I have shown him my wage slip and he use to take me into his office on look on the computer system, he use to always say that you have been paid correctly and that I have made a mistake. So, what I did was on my wage slip I written down the hours he never paid me for.

How do you sign in for work?(is it clocking in system or are you salaried?) When you have queried your hours, have you done that in writing so that you get a written response? I am dealing with an issue with an large employer at the moment and have been for more than a year in respect to both pay and contractual conditions and on potential underpayment of wages but all of the correspondence to a degree has been in writing.

I heard one of the managers yesterday say to one of the staff if that if you don't get the job done in less than 1 hour I will deduct your wage. This happend on the shop floor and there are a couple of witnesses too.
        Eloise has cover this point so no need to repeat what she has said.
        I wanted to get in touch with the head office regarding this because in total I now believe that I have not been paid in total over 4 year 40 hours

Personally, I would have put in a pay query in writing and gotten a response in writing. Ultimately, the employer will have the evidence of the hours worked and the pay given as a result.

Can I get in touch with a Solicitor? What further action can I take? Is it going to be worth taking this further?

Please reply,

thank you

regards

I would not be even considering a solicitor, I would merely be considering putting in any pay query based on the most recent month into your payroll officer for their response. If you are salaried then forget about the hours worked because you are highly unlikely not to work more that the "contracted hours". If you are on pay per hour then what is the clocking in method and how are records kept by the employer?
        I would agree with Eloise in her post and merely say that simply verbalising a pay query is a complete waste of your breath as the pen is mightier than the gob
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X