• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yes Car Credit / Direct Auto Financial Services (DAFS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Car Credit / Direct Auto Financial Services (DAFS)

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to forums, so apologies for any typo's or incorrect etiquete.

I was in the unfortunate position of buying a car from Yes Car Credit back in 2003. It was a year later (2004) that I was going through the documents and noticed the PPI was "optional". At the time I was told (like many, many others) it was mandatory in order to get the car.

You can imagine my anger, so I immediately started dialogue with Yes Car Credit to get my money back. Cutting a long story short, I have written many letters and tried everything in my power to get the money back.

In the end, I gave the car back and paid a "settlement" figure. At the time I drafted a letter (to acknowledge receipt of the car) and asked the staff to sign it, however no-one would do so.

Every year I revisit, and see if there's some way I can get my money back from these scandalous crooks. From what I understand, the case was prior to FSA or Ombudsman jurisdiction, so they can't help.

However, I cannot, and will not rest until I have my money back from these vultures. I have a file full of letters and papers that have gone back and forth to Yes/DAFS, all of which don't appear to have got me anywhere. It's been 9 years since I started trying to get this situation sorted, I would be really keen to hear if anyone else has been successful in claims against DAFS, and how they went about it.

I would even be prepared to pay for legal representation and go to court, so equally if anyone has won through courts and using a solicitor, I would be very grateful to learn of their experiences.

There must be some people out there that have had some luck...

Thanks all

Justin
    Tags: None

Re: Yes Car Credit / Direct Auto Financial Services (DAFS)

Hi Justin and welcome

Right in cases like this where they will not agree to refund you and where they were not FSA regulated etc, then the Insurer/underwriter were highly likely to have been regulated by the FSA as for dealing with insurance for the broker.

Now the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) usually suggest the insurer/underwriter avenue as the final way to go around this, and are looking into many with very similar cases like your's.

One of mine was successful a few months back via the insurer/underwriter.

What you could do now, is either contact the FOS and see what they suggest, or have a go with the insurer yourself from here, it maybe quicker, as the FOS dealing with underwriters/insurers can take some time, but yet if your not successful via insurer, you will still then have the opportunity to complain to the FOS with these being regulated.

I can however forward you my letter by PM if you wish, that I done myself, you can take a look, and feel free to tweak to your own requirements etc if you wish.

Please let me know and I shall forward my letter to you.

Firstly, you will have to try finding out who the insurer was in your case, if you have no details of this, then contact the business who sold the finance to you, as you have the right to know, or ask them to send you a copy of the policy details (this you are entitled to free of charge in the post) and should be received to you within a week maybe 2. Details of the insurer should be enclosed on the policy details.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi Di,

Thanks ever so much for your reply, this does sound like an avenue worth pursuing, and not one that i've taken up.

I would be really keen to see the letter if you're happy to send that on to me.

I'm so keen to get this sorted with DAFS/Yes, if it was a High Street Bank or major lender they would have been struck off for what they did to customers!

Thanks again Di

Comment

I was the collections manager at yes car credit, direct auto financial services. I am looking for clients who i believe were treated unfairly. I want to launch a class action

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X