• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Surprise from court and arrow global..help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise from court and arrow global..help!!

I just received this afternoon a hand delivered letter with a order for production of statement of means(form N61) from the local county court for 4838.38 pounds.

Initiated by an Arrow global ltd.

I have never received any correspondence from these people at all! It says I have failed to send a statement of means so hence the N61 but I have never received anything from these guys or the court
    and have no clue!
    Tags: None

Re: Surprise from court and arrow global..help!!

Have you any previous connection with Arrow Global? Do you actually owe anyone anyone this sort of money?

Comment

Can you scan a copy of this N61 (remving all personal details!) for us to view

All sounds highly suspect to me

Comment

I have heard of this happening out of the blue to some people. Mainly where the CCJ has been obtained at a previous/other address, and traced to your current one just before this is sent.

Quickest way to verify would be to call the court.

Comment

Hi guys. The only thing I could think of that it might be after speaking to my ex and she agrees is an old hsbc overdraft account that not been used since 2006 and was closed. I have not heard from them since that time. I have no previous connections to arrow and getting this n61 was total surprise. Even the n61 says they tried to send me a n56 previously but I had not replied to it. Total bull...I never received anything form either arrow or the court! I attached a scan and also the back has not been signed by the court under certificate of service. I also blanked out reference numbers. Even stranger is there is no ccj out against me..not on my cra at all. in fact my cra is clean!
          Attached Files

Comment

I would have thought (others would confirm hopefully) that you would be in a position to apply for the judgment to be set aside if the claim form wasnt sent to your current address

How long have you been at your address?

Also check your credit file and see how long it shows you at that address under the electoral role and other credit agreements as they should have checked this prior to issuing court papers especially as they no doubt sent letters without response prior to the action.

Comment

That order implies that Arrow Global already have a CCJ against you which you haven't paid. Check whether this is registered on Trust Online website (the official register of all CCJs):

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

You must respond to the order but do your research first. If you made no payments and you've had no contact with HSBC since 2006 it's possible that this debt was statute barred in 2012. Could Arrow have got a CCJ against you by default by serving the summons on an address at which you don't live? It wouldn't be the first time

A lot depends on the date of the CCJ and the events leading up to it. If the summons was issued after it became SB then you may have a good case for having the CCJ set-aside if you can prove that the Claimant knew that you didn't live at that address i.e. you can prove that you gave either HSBC or Arrow your change of address.

It could relate to a CCJ obtained by HSBC which they then sold on to Arrow. It happens.

Comment

Presumably this relates to an AOE application: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/dmbmanual/dmbm667590.htm Same procedure for any creditor on a CCJ.

Comment

I checked trust online yesterday and there is nothing at all. I have had no contact with either party at all. I did not even know arrow existed until yesterday when this order was hand delivered to me! I have moved about 5 times since 2006 so they would know my address anyways. One thing that was on my cra was a unrecorded search from a grosvenor credit management in march this year

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                    I would have thought (others would confirm hopefully) that you would be in a position to apply for the judgment to be set aside if the claim form wasnt sent to your current address
                    Our posts crossed

I would only add one thing which is that in order to get the judgment set aside the OP would usually have to prove two things to the court. Firstly that it was served on the wrong address, but also that they would have had a viable Defence (such as SB ) at the time otherwise the court may take the view that even if the judgement was set aside today they would be back in the same position (new summons, new proceedings, new hearing, same outcome) in a month's time (i.e. if there is/was no Defence) which could be seen as a waste of the court's time.

Comment

that should be would not know my address

Comment

Find out when this CCJ happened and who was the Claimant HSBC or Arrow. If you've moved home since 2006 did you tell the bank your new address?

Comment

Originally posted by gixser1001 View Post
                          I checked trust online yesterday and there is nothing at all.
                          Did you check previous addresses as well?

If you call the court when they open, they may be able to tell you where and when the CCJ was obtained? If they have and are allowed to give that info out by phone that is.

Comment

Originally posted by gixser1001 View Post
                            I checked trust online yesterday and there is nothing at all. I have had no contact with either party at all. I did not even know arrow existed until yesterday when this order was hand delivered to me! I have moved about 5 times since 2006 so they would know my address anyways. One thing that was on my cra was a unrecorded search from a grosvenor credit management in march this year
                            Grosvenor Credit Management specialize in tracing debtors: http://www.gcmi.co.uk/

Comment

I am going into town this morning anyways so going to stop by the court as it there. Thats the strange thing..there is no record of a ccj at all on my files. I did not tell the hsbc as i stopped using them in 2006 and went to another bank. When I go to the court with this n61 can i request a copy of all files regarding this as I have no clue at all what is going on or how to defend anything that has happened! I am also on extreme low income (2,700 per year) so I cant pay anything anyways

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X