• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Site Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site Maintenance

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
    No one could get in FP, but we're all getting back in gradually.
    I could, but only by cheating.

Comment

How do you clear cookies? I have that same message FP on my home pc, I am using my iPad at the moment and that is not a problem.

Also only on my pc at home and only on LB I cannot paragraph yet I can from my iPad any ideas how to deal with this?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        I think a lot of people still can't get on.

This is what Enaid gets when she Googles the site:

Request-URI Too Large

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.
        Thank you for keeping everything running.

I thought the site had been hacked and highjacked - probably by Criminowells and there Blooming Wooseless solicitors!!!!!!

QCK

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          Also only on my pc at home and only on LB I cannot paragraph yet I can from my iPad any ideas how to deal with this?
          Wasn't there someone with the same problem the other week? For them I think they were using IE, and enabling compatibility mode for this site fixed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            Wasn't there someone with the same problem the other week? For them I think they were using IE, and enabling compatibility mode for this site fixed it?
            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...978#post337978

Comment

This is from Google Chrome

and this-lol

and this

Comment

How do you clear cookies? I have that same message FP on my home pc, I am using my iPad at the moment and that is not a problem.
                It depends on the browser you are using. See this: http://www.aboutcookies.org/page-2

Comment

Some useful DNS propagation tips, although those who can't access the forum won't be able to see them: :ohwell:

To edit iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad: Click Here and Read Tutorial -> Change Your DNS Settings on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
                  To edit Mac/Windows/Others, using Google Public DNS:Click Here and Read Tutorial -> Using Google Public DNS

Windows Vista Instructions:
                  1. Click Start > Run > type ncpa.cpl and then click the OK button. Vista users click Start and type ncpa.cpl in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
                  In the new window, right click on the active network connections icon and then click on properties option.
                  In connection properties window click Networking Tab and then click on Properties button next to uninstall button (make sure Internet Protocol TCP/IP option is selected).
                  4. In the new properties Windows, highlight option ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’, then type 208.67.222.222 in preferred box and 208.67.220.220 in the alternate box.
                  5. Click OK on opened properties windows and OpenDNS will now be configuring your DNS and you will now be able to see the forum (refresh the forum page and then see if you can see this exact same message in the link above).

Windows 7 Instructions:
                  1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Centre, click View network connections.
                  2. Right-click the connection that you want to change, and then click Properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
                  3. Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties (or double click the blue highlighted part as shown below).
                  4. To change to OpenDNS simply click the button on the bottom half of the attached image called "Use the following DNS server addresses" and then type 208.67.222.222 in preferred box and 208.67.220.220 in the alternate box.
                  5. Click ok.

http://use.opendns.com/

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Comment

This was not on the facebook page but should have been

I should just say I have been annoying the hell out of admin on the facebook page with Cookie Monster youtube stuff(saffy, Amethyst and Celestine can confirm this ).
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

im not any of them.. but I can confirm HES A PAIN IN THE PLACE YOU PLONK!!!!

Comment

You should start a muppet thread

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                          This was not on the facebook page but should have been

I should just say I have been annoying the hell out of admin on the facebook page with Cookie Monster youtube stuff(saffy, Amethyst and Celestine can confirm this ).

Heres one for ya love
                          you know i love you reeeeeeeeeally <3

Comment

I have changed to Mozilla Firefox as per Ame's advice and just testing if I can paragraph.

And yes I can - wow - many thanks Ame for you very welcomed suggestion xxxx

FP - thanks for the link about cookies, I was nervous to delete in case it got rid of all my passwords. I am hopeless on IT stuff lol and usually if I change something it clears everything.

Comment

I have changed to Mozilla Firefox as per Ame's advice and just testing if I can paragraph.

And yes I can - wow - many thanks Ame for you very welcomed suggestion xxxx

FP - thanks for the link about cookies, I was nervous to delete in case it got rid of all my passwords. I am hopeless on IT stuff lol and usually if I change something it clears everything.
                              You should use a password manager, makes life easier because you can access them on different devices and browsers rather than just where you've stored them. I've been using this one which also has apps for iPhone/iPad, not sure if there are apps for other platforms but you can always use the web version: http://www.securesafe.com/

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Comment

EVentually back on cookie jar empty now !:tinysmile_grin_t:
                                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X