• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!! Cabot Financial v Steve XX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WON!! Cabot Financial v Steve XX

There is an eminent Urologist (was based at Winchester,not sure now)..who has the unfortunate name of :-
    MR BURNS-COCKS.......

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
      Todays fiasco cost Cabot £5000

And if Andrew nabs the profits, me and PT will either a/ go on strike b/ flatten him LOL
      :whoo:

Cabot and their solicitors were positively nasty to deal with on this case, but the Judge stated our costs were conservative and extremely reasonable
      Or C) get dolly the sheep to bugger him.

And i think it would be prudent to get a copy of that judgment too for future reference. Very helpful on a costs point of view.
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        This sees the issue of taking the insolvency (SD) route vs the trial (CCJ) route from the other side, showing how "well" it could work to scare people into paying: http://www.bllaw.co.uk/services_for_...ry_demand.aspx :mad2: :rant:

Note the use of SDs as scare-o-grams:
        To be fair, they do state:

However, the statutory demand or the petition can backfire for a number of reasons:
        • in respect of a debtor company, the courts do not regard the use of a petition as a legitimate means of seeking to enforce a debt where the debt is disputed, in good faith, on substantial grounds. The courts consider it an abuse of the court process and will dismiss the petition issued against the company. If the matter comes before the court after a demand is served but before a petition is issued, the court will grant an order restraining the issue of a petition and could order you to pay the debtor’s costs
        • in respect of an individual debtor, a demand might result in a successful application by the debtor to set aside service of the demand and, again, you could be ordered to pay the debtor’s costs
        • perhaps most importantly, you are trying to persuade the debtor to pay. Ultimately, you do not want a bankruptcy or a winding up order made against the debtor. If such an order is made, then the debtor’s assets will be sold and the proceeds on sale used to pay off the debtor’s debts and the costs of obtaining the bankruptcy order or winding up order. The debts and costs are paid in an order of priority set out by Insolvency legislation. You may therefore find yourself in a position where you have incurred significant expense to obtain the bankruptcy order or winding up order merely to become one of the many creditors of the debtor, waiting to see what can be realised from the debtor’s assets. Usually, little if anything, is recovered in such circumstances

Comment

Well, they are a law firm, failing to warn potential clients or even casual punters reading their website, of the potential pitfalls of using the insolvency route, could land them in very hot water. :eek2:

Comment

Well, they are a law firm, failing to warn potential clients or even casual punters reading their website, of the potential pitfalls of using the insolvency route, could land them in very hot water. :eek2:
            Indeed, but it's important to paint the full picture. :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Wow well done to Cel and Tom for a terrific job in showing Cabot's up for the bad way they have acted and thank god you had a fantastic Judge who could see through these Morons.

So what is the winning count up to now........?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Ah but humiliation in court is priceless. I would love to have been a fly on the wall to see Wright Hassall get that dressing down from the judge :argue:
                So would I, its such a shame we can't film them.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                  Wow well done to Cel and Tom for a terrific job in showing Cabot's up for the bad way they have acted and thank god you had a fantastic Judge who could see through these Morons.

So what is the winning count up to now........?
                  I'm up to 10 straight wins on statutory demands and two other 'wins' on litigation type cases.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                    I'm up to 10 straight wins on statutory demands and two other 'wins' on litigation type cases.
                    WHOOOHOOO!

Does that mean the bubbly is on you? :grin:

Comment

WHOOOHOOO!

Does that mean the bubbly is on you? :grin:

No, I think it's mainly on Lowell Portfolio 1 and Cabot

Comment

But do people like Right Hassle really worry?

Perhaps some feedback to their non debt based clients might cause them to think again.:santa_smiley::santa_cheesy:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X