• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOB - Incorrect advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOB - Incorrect advice?

Hello everyone,

In late 2012 I got into temporary financial difficulties (I knew this was going to be for 1-2 months).

When I took out my mortgage in 2008 I was told that one of the benefits was that I could take a payment holiday if I did suffer any difficulty because my LTV was less than 75%, now the rest of the purchase was made up by an Open Market Homebuy (which halifax took as a deposit).

I HAVE E-MAIL EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT I WAS ADVISED AT THE TIME I WOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE A PAYMENT HOLIDAY! (actually in several e-mails)

On calling them in December 2012 they told me that I wasn't eligible for the "Payment Holiday" because I had a 2nd mortgage on the house, I did query this because I know damn well I checked this at the time of taking out my mortgage because I like to read everything, especially when it comes to things like this.

Can this like BCOB be claimed as incorrect advice. I now understand their position that I couldn't have had one but I was told explicitly in an e-mail from their mortgage advisor I'd be able to have a payment holiday if I needed one.

The reason I'm complaining is that I want to have my ex taken off the mortgage obviously I can't do that if I have had arrears, had they upheld their agreement with me I wouldn't be in the situation where I now can't have my ex taken off because I've had arrears.

(arrears all paid off within 3 months).

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
    Tags: None

Re: MCOB - Incorrect advice?

Orfoster, its been a while(nattie by another name ). Glad to see you hear but disappointed you copied and pasted your CAG thread here with those crappy tags on the words(they're bloody annoying reading it here ).

I have to ask this question: Why are you asking for advice in May 2013 when you know(well you know how damn good I am at financial hardship) that I would have made a fuss then rather than now.

Was your ex going to be in agreement with you over her being taken off the mortgage?
    The reason I ask is that all of this could be a moot point IF she does not agree. Are you on a fixed rate mortgage? What type of product do you have?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Orfoster, having had a look at the FOS site, I think providing the ex is willing to come off the mortgage then you do have a very strong position based on the evidence that you have. Firstly complain to the lender and if they are unwilling to come to an agreement with you then take it to the FOS based on the evidence you have. You do not even have to mention MCOB's to be honest because if the emails specifically mention them then AFAIK the bank is bang to rights!!

Comment

HELLO!!!!!

How are you?

I was actually telling my gf about you today!

I couldn't remember the name of the site because its been such a while since I have been online.

I know, I should have complained at the time really but just needed to resolve my contract issues at work. You see because I was told what I was told at the start of my mortgage in 2008 I was under the impression I could just take the holiday and didn't need to put other measures in place because I knew that 2 months after the holiday I could repay in full which is what I've done.

Yes the ex is more than happy to come off the mortgage, no issues there but we have this arrears thing on credit files now. Need to deal with that.

I'm concerned about FOS though because of how damn long they're going to take to look into this. I want to try and resolve it as soon as possible really.

I did complain before I found these e-mails in my archive (damn good that I kept them all) and they've given me their final outcome apparently, I'm gonna wait for my SAR to come back in the next couple of weeks and send a final complaint letter.

Should I mention MCOB in that do you think?

Comment

You could try shooting off an email to the Chief Exec's office with the evidence that you have and stating that you are unhappy and that you want x y and z as a resolution to the issue.

If you found the emails after complaining then send them back another letter stating that you have found "new evidence" which clearly shows that the bank mislead you and ask them for a reconsideration of their response prior to you going to the FOS(you may well have to do this regardless of the delay).

Comment

Ok, how do I find their e-mail address? I will have a hunt round and see if I can find it.
            I'll provide them with the e-mails etc when I do.
            That's ok, if that's what you think I should do then I'll go FOS, was thinking of issuing a claim against them if I didn't get anywhere.

Comment

This is who I've found....

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

Comment

Yep that's the one. Ask for a final response and then go to the fos
                Post up their response whem you get it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X