• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**Case Closed** Cabot Calling Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **Case Closed** Cabot Calling Me

Originally posted by CD36 View Post
    For reference: today I've sent Barclays a separate CCA Request after they failed to include it when I made my original online SAR request (I know I should have done this before, but I didn't expect to be dealing with this again)
    A letter to Cabot copying my previous CCA request, my previous SB Notification and a copy of their letter confirming they were no longer pursuing the account as there was no credit agreement.
    I've also asked them to comply with my original request if the agreement has now become available.
    I know this is SB from my SAR info from Barclays, so hopefully they're just fishing.
    Hello CD,
    Barclays management and paperwork defies belief.

A curt note to you their own well worn garbage " Please refer to your own record"! Then .................... I'll leave the rest to you CD.

nem

Comment

^ Thanks Nem., I think I should start issuing threatograms to Cabot and Barclays for the time and money I've wasted on this! All the recorded/special delivery/request fees soon add up.

Comment

As an update. I've heard nothing from Cabot, but I did get a reply from Barclays today (12+2 days) advising my address doesn't match their records and that I need to show proof of ID at my local branch. So they're clearly up to their old games again as I went through all this last year with the SAR request. Seems like they're stalling rather than admitting they don't have the documents.
        What's the best route? Play their games or go back to the ICO, who don't really seem to have much power?
        (I've also noticed that the letter has now come from their Manchester Regional office rather than the Data Centre in Cheshire)

Comment

As an update. I've heard nothing from Cabot, but I did get a reply from Barclays today (12+2 days) advising my address doesn't match their records and that I need to show proof of ID at my local branch. So they're clearly up to their old games again as I went through all this last year with the SAR request. Seems like they're stalling rather than admitting they don't have the documents.
          What's the best route? Play their games or go back to the ICO, who don't really seem to have much power?
          (I've also noticed that the letter has now come from their Manchester Regional office rather than the Data Centre in Cheshire)

Barclays has already been criticised for its admin but it seem to make no difference at all.

Play their game tis time, if as we suspect they don't have the docs and put you through the hoop on the address and then state that
          they don't have the agreement then there's ammo for a robust complaint.

nem

Comment

^ Thanks Nem. I know it's all smoke and mirrors, but what's so frustrating is that I enclosed a copy of a letter from them to my current (and already verified) address requesting I make a separate CCA request.
            I'll go to the branch next week and will keep this updated.

Comment

^ Thanks Nem. I know it's all smoke and mirrors, but what's so frustrating is that I enclosed a copy of a letter from them to my current (and already verified) address requesting I make a separate CCA request.
              I'll go to the branch next week and will keep this updated.
              Thanks CD.

nem

Comment

Another (and I hope final) update on this. After a few months of toing and froing I got Barclays to confirm in writing that they don't have agreements (although for some reason they still sent me blank ones?) Cabot have admitted that they don't have an agreement for one account and that they accept the other is statute barred and that they won't be attempting further collection.
                In both cases I had to raise formal complaints and threaten with the FOS.
                Thanks for the help and advice given.

Comment

Another (and I hope final) update on this. After a few months of toing and froing I got Barclays to confirm in writing that they don't have agreements (although for some reason they still sent me blank ones?) Cabot have admitted that they don't have an agreement for one account and that they accept the other is statute barred and that they won't be attempting further collection.
                  In both cases I had to raise formal complaints and threaten with the FOS.
                  Thanks for the help and advice given.
                  Good morning CD,

Well Done, playing them at their own game worked!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X