• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Save UK Justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save UK Justice

Many of you may not even be aware of the impending destruction of the Criminal Justice system by our Lord Chancellor, Mr Chris Grayling. Its worth noting that Lord Chancellors are normally Lawyers, but for the first time, Mr Grayling isnt a lawyer, as far as i know he doesnt have any legal qualifications at all.

So, you are probably thinking what is the problem? Well the problem is this, not content with the changes to Civil Justice, and the legal aid reforms which have seen many lose the ability to get legal aid in civil cases, Mr Grayling is now turning his attention to the Criminal Justice system.

In this Country we have the right to choose our lawyers, if we get legal aid it still means we have a choice, well that is likely to change if Mr Grayling gets his way. Now i do not deal with criminal law in my day job, but i believe that everyone has the right to choose who represents him at trial.

If Chris Grayling gets his way, that will be changing, now rather than rambling on about these changes, i would simply ask that you read this article which is written by people far better placed to comment on the impending balls up coming http://criminalbarassociation.wordpr...-peter-cooper/ as it explains the problems that we ALL face, you, me, our friends, our family, infact anyone who needs the Justice system to work for them.

Once youve read the above link, please please please sign this petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48628
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.
    Tags: None

Re: Save UK Justice

Just to add:

If you check twitter for #saveukjustice then you will see the the weight of opinion and the people supporting this
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

This is interesting

I was under the impression that the separation of government from the judiciary was a constitutional matter

THE JUDICIARY HAS CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION

So how can the lord chancellor be a government employee, and not a lawyer, as the the lord chancellors department oversees the judiciary

More important, how can there be judicial independence now, why are the judges not kicking up an almighty stink in the challenge to their Independence.

Comment

They tried this before, Sir Thomas More, he must be turning in his grave now,

Comment

Since the United Kingdom has no constitution, it is rather difficult to assert that the judiciary has constitutional protection. I believe you may be getting confused with the United States, which has both a constitution and judicial separation from government enshrined therein.

However, I not only endorse PT's views, but I would suggest that people consider these proposals in the context of other changes including those to employment law. The United Kingdom also has no Bill of Rights. And as this government appears to be set on a particular course, there won't be enough rights left soon to write one either.

Comment

We have an unmodified constitution 1689, and Bill of Rights,

The Constitutional Reform Act 2005, which came into force in April 2006, considerably modified the role of the Lord Chancellor and in so doing, strengthened the independence of the Judiciary.

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
              We have an unmodified constitution 1689, and Bill of Rights,

The Constitutional Reform Act 2005, which came into force in April 2006, considerably modified the role of the Lord Chancellor and in so doing, strengthened the independence of the Judiciary.
              http://www.politics.co.uk/reference/...l-independence

5th paragraph under 'heading Background.'

Is it coincidence your wording is exactly the same or did you just plagiarise it without acknowledging the source?

Comment

Sorry PT - I've signed the petition as well! Thanks for raising this.

Comment

Be it the information was sourced from whatever media source

It is still valid to the original question

I did not know all comments had to be referenced and a bibliography given for every post made

Comment

And yet, we still do not have a constitution, and we do not have any separation of powers. Which is exactly why this is happening. Strengthening the independence of the judiciary is not the same thing as the separation of powers.

This will save a lengthy explanation for anyone with an interest in the subject without detracting from the point of the thread :http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Const...United_Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post

I did not know all comments had to be referenced and a bibliography given for every post made
                      It is always regarded as good practice to acknowledge one's source. All those essays should have taught you that!

Comment

Remind me, when is the next General Election?

Seriously need to get this bunch of tossers out of power.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          Remind me, when is the next General Election?

Seriously need to get this bunch of tossers out of power.
                          Unfortunately the only credible opposition manifesto will contain a promise about as understandable as scalar fields, and of much less use! It is amazing how impossible it frequently is to repeal things...

Comment

signed
                            Bought some tablets today to build my strength up .. cant get the bloody lid off.

Comment

:bump:...........C'mon folks...get signing please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X