• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I WON!!!! Served with a statuory demand by BW Legal/Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP!!! I've just been served with a statuory demand by bwlegal/Lowell

Yes it would only apply to the Stat Demand issued recently.

And if they do manage to find the missing documents, the debt could become enforceable.

But one could say, that if ever there was a time Barclays may be actively LOOKING for the documents, it would be now. (However, they had a look and came up with the same carp as before) Once this hearing is over, Lowell will need to look at the whole business sense of pursuing such a debt. No one at Barclays is going to be hunting through the old store rooms for these documents, because it won't earn them any money.
    Lowell will know, going forward will need a County Court case, a barrister with good CCA knowledge and tenacity and intelligence.

I'm just not seeing it....are you?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

yes but they could start new case later but chances are slim

Comment

Originally posted by gaz2006
        yes but they could start new case later but chances are slim
        Lowells are daft - but not that daft :flypig: :flypig: :flypig:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB
          Lowells are daft - but not that daft :flypig: :flypig: :flypig:
          oh yea they are
          http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...705#post328705
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks PT that cheered me up no end!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain
              Thanks PT that cheered me up no end!
              Lowell vs. Fuzzybrain is the same thing as David vs. Goliath :fencing:You deserve to get the right result. I can't hold my breath much longer because you have to win this battle and losing is not an option :fear:

Comment

With Kate, Tom and Watson's on my side i think (hope and pray) Lowells are in more trouble than I am

Kate has been very supportive and says that Tom can't wait to get into the court room with Lowells.

Of course I am nervous and scared - i'd be an idiot not to be, after all it is bankruptcy i am faced with and the judge is a bit unpredictable as she had the chance to kick this to the curb at the first hearing but didn't, so of course there is a fear things could go Lowell's way.

But I do have total faith in everybody helping me and Kate has sung Tom's praises so highly that i'm expecting him to float in on a cloud and walk on water - which if he does then this really will be a hearing to witness!!! :grin:

There is still a chance Lowells will wake up on Tuesday and realise they are completely screwed and will come grovelling to Kate to settle out of court and boy will they have to pay for that pleasure!! I hope Watsons hit them for the maximum amount of costs that they can. Hopefully it will send a signal to Lowells that their behaviour is wrong and if they continue to behave like they are then people like me will get firms like Watson involved and hit them in the only place they ever feel anything - their bank balance.

Seriously though I do have total faith in the legal team i have been blessed to be supported by and I'm also incredibly thankful to all at LB's for keeping me sane, strong and for being so supportive. If if wasn't for you all I would be bankrupt by now - thank you to each and every one of you for being so amazing and caring :grouphug:

Comment

Tom is a very good advocate, and very good with his preparation, he leaves no stone unturned and i speak from first hand experience of this.

I have dealt with Lowells in the last week for another client, and had the demand set aside. I also dealt with them a few months ago and achieved the same result too, with the demand being set aside, and their threat of further litigation came to nothing when i told them that i was instructed to accept service.

Statutory demands are not designed for this type of issue, they are not a tool for debt collecting and should not be used as such.
                  I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

FB, I have met Tom a few times and he really is a very nice chap. He will I am sure give Lowells a good run for their money and hopefully they may want to settle or backout before going into court but I would leave the negotiations to your excellent legal team.

I wish all the best for your hearing and I believe you are in the bestest of hands.

xxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine
                      I'm just not seeing it....are you?
                      No.

They may be daft enough, though, to try again some months later armed with nothing more than the nothing they have.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain
                        Hopefully it will send a signal to Lowells that their behaviour is wrong
                        I doubt that they would get that message from anything short of having to fend off a winding up petition.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537
                          Statutory demands are not designed for this type of issue, they are not a tool for debt collecting and should not be used as such.
                          Is there any way to get the Office of Faffing and Twaddling to stop these antics?

Comment

FB, I have met Tom a few times and he really is a very nice chap. He will I am sure give Lowells a good run for their money and hopefully they may want to settle or backout before going into court but I would leave the negotiations to your excellent legal team I'm not getting involved with any of the negatiotions, i'm just turning up at the hearing, keeping my mouth shut and doing as I'm told!! My husband said that will be a first!!

When its all over I will be contacting OFT and making a complaint regarding Lowells behaviour. -

Comment

Nothing would keep me quiet..msl:Short of rendering me comatose,,cutting my tongue out,or indeed extinguishing all signs of life and announcing me D.O.A at the court room.THEN you might,,just might silence me (but I couldn't guarantee it even then)

Comment

I have learnt in life there are times that when it is better for me to stay silent and I think this hearing might be one of those times, especially as Tom's voice and opinion will be a far better than i could ever hope to be....

Leave me alone with Lowells before and afterwards the hearing though might be a different story.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X