• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brighthouse ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brighthouse ltd

You may be right Inca, I don't know. If so, and it is a case of the OP having overstretched, that would be an excellent solution.

Comment

I believe that these are HP agreements, so the same rules any as any other.

If one third of the agreement price has been paid they need a court order to repossess, before that they just need to send a default notice. However this does not give them the right to force entry into peoples homes to re-possess of course.

The debtor can voluntarily terminate under section 99 if half the sum is paid with no further cost, the sums are generally stated on the agreement.

What is the situation regarding the "optional" insurances on this account, have they been reclaimed ?
      Last edited by andy58; 29th August 2013, 11:06:AM.

Comment

deffo wangling out of paying, having a TV for 4 weeks then wanting a ,lower payment as if....NO wonder the prices are high, reaosns like this, people not paying

Comment

Originally posted by helphonest View Post
          deffo wangling out of paying, having a TV for 4 weeks then wanting a ,lower payment as if....NO wonder the prices are high, reaosns like this, people not paying
          Why not just go away and play with yourself?

I do not presume to speak for others but, as far as I am concerned, your judgemental posts are neither helpful nor needed here.

Comment

I'd agree we're not here to judge, though posts inevitably sometimes touch a raw nerve for someone. I fear the OP has vanished anyway, as they haven't posted since May 14th - over three months ago. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              I'd agree we're not here to judge, though posts inevitably sometimes touch a raw nerve for someone. I fear the OP has vanished anyway, as they haven't posted since May 14th - over three months ago. :beagle:
              Sorry about that, labman!

We had all the exits covered - but he escaped out the entrance!

Cunning blighters, those exdoormen!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Perhaps if companies like the one mentioned here would adjust their business model and not target those who cannot afford to repay their exorbitant interest rates and prices they would not encounter so many problems with people being unable to pay.

But there again if they did they would have no business at all, because no one other than those who cannot afford to go elsewhere would shop with them anyway.

Comment

We live in a world where everyone wants it NOW these companies like payday lenders prey on these people if the OP wants not to pay that's down to them many have done it before many will again like Benefit cheats if they can get away with it all well and good if they cant tough they face whatever actions follow

Comment

sorry if I offended, but you cant just get goods on HP, then after 4 weeks request lower payments. The OSC (option service cover) I would never take, expensive rubbish, you are covered under various description acts for the length of the contract anyway. Prices were high as the people who took credit had bad credit as they were a higher risk and defaulted elsewhere. If anybody is struggling with payments, temporarily just hand goods back, you get themback with no arreas to, and what you paid off, remains paid off.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but the OSC comes as standard.If you do not have home insurance and you want the goods then you have no choice in taking out the OSC otherwise the goods will not be dispatched.That was my point.Anyway two years on and i have not heard a word from BH so the cease and desist letter does actually work.Thanks for the TV BED and LAPTOP even though the laptop blew up the bed broke and the tv is working fine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X