• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

K&co Advice on 10K Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on 10K K&co Debt now passed to Lowells.

I thought if they could not produce a valid signed CCA and the account was opened pre April 2007 it was not enforceable in court (allegedly). I did not open the account on the internet, the first order was made over the phone in 2006. many thanks von.

Comment

Originally posted by vonny1 View Post
      I thought if they could not produce a valid signed CCA and the account was opened pre April 2007 it was not enforceable in court (allegedly). I did not open the account on the internet, the first order was made over the phone in 2006. many thanks von.
      That is correct. However a tick box for an online agreement is a sufficient signature for the date you provided. I have no knowledge of whether a box was ticked in this case or not.

M1

Comment

The OP has previously sent a CCA request off the the OC and they responded that they were unable to supply. The OP doesn't have that letter any longer hence the new request.

The SAR should bring back a full transaction list and then if necessary/desired a payment plan can be set up to repay the value of goods purchased without interest and charges added under the non-existent CCA (if that is the case).
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The full story of this OP's catalogue debt situation was discussed in some detail on her other thread in May:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...910#post340910

Would it make sense to merge the two threads since this one picks up where the other one left off
          Last edited by PlanB; 21st October 2013, 19:14:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Threads merged Thanks PlanB.

Regarding this K&Co debt the first post stated

"I sent kays a CCA request as the account was opened in 2006, they just sent me an A4 sheet of paper with a list of things on for a credit agreement, no names or details of my account. I sent them an account in dispute letter and received a letter back saying that just because the debt is unenforceable doesn't mean I don't have to pay it and they want their money."
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by vonny1 View Post
              I had sent CCA request off to K&co but they couldn't supply me with one (because I never signed one). I've heard that Lowell hand out SD's like sweets so after a couple of letters and them not getting any money I'm expecting one pretty sharpish. I'm really scared now, I don't want to go to court in fact the thought of it terrifies me!!! What can I do to get myself out of this mess???
              How long ago did you send that section 78 CCA Request to Kay&Co? As long as 30 days have gone by you can submit another, so take Amethyst's advice to send a new request to Lowells asap because you are a homeowner with a £10k debt (and other debts) so you need to avoid a SD at all costs.

Lowells aren't psychic so they won't know that Kay&Co don't have a signed CCA for your account. Ask them for it now. Lowells also won't know that you've previously sent a s.78 Request to Kay&Co which they may/may not have been complied with, which would prevent enforcement in court until they do. When debt purchasers buy debts they tend to get your name, address and balance outstanding. They don't get the whole paper file.

If it helps Lowells have just closed an account of mine with a £17k balance because the CCA couldn't be found

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                The first post stated: "I sent kays a CCA request as the account was opened in 2006, they just sent me an A4 sheet of paper with a list of things on for a credit agreement, no names or details of my account. I sent them an account in dispute letter and received a letter back saying that just because the debt is unenforceable doesn't mean I don't have to pay it and they want their money."
                ^^^^ Let's hope that letter comes back as part of the SAR package

Comment

So do you mean all correspondence, letters they've sent me regarding the debt, a copy of each should be sent to me with a SAR??. Regarding the simply be debt from my original posts they could not provide me with a CCA and I received a letter from them stating that they will no longer Chase the debt as it is unenforceable (I've kept hold of that letter). I will post CCA and SAR tomorrow tomorrow, thank you again for all your advice, von.

Comment

Sorry plan B, the original CCA request was sent in march I think so a good while ago x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      If it helps Lowells have just closed an account of mine with a £17k balance because the CCA couldn't be found
                      Don't you have a moral obligation to pay the Leeds Losers what you owe them? :behindsofa:

Comment

CC your are a card?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                          CC your are a card?
                          What's that in English?

Comment

a poo stirrer ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Don't you have a moral obligation to pay the Leeds Losers what you owe them?

Comment

Is that what you meant that all correspondence between me and shop direct should come with the SAR. I wanted to pay my debt but could only pay what I could afford but that wasn't good enough for them, so they added extortionate charges and interest after I'd asked them for help, so who's the one without morals

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X