• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

K&co Advice on 10K Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on 10K K&co Debt now passed to Lowells.

Hi I got some great advice on here some months ago and I would like a bit more please. My K&co debt of 10K has just been bought by lowells and after the stories ive heard about them I'm really worried now. A quick re-cap, Husband left me and my 3 children so couldn't afford K&co bill which has risen to the ridiculous amount of 10k due to buy now pay later interest being added. The account was defaulted 2 months ago then yesterday received letter from them saying they had sold the debt to lowells and all correspondence should now go to them. It was also accompanied by a letter from Lowells asking me to contact them to make payment. The catalogue account was opened pre April 2007, I had sent CCA request off to K&co but they couldn't supply me with one (because I never signed one). I've heard that Lowell hand out SD's like sweets so after a couple of letters and them not getting any money I'm expecting one pretty sharpish. I'm really scared now, I don't want to go to court in fact the thought of it terrifies me!!! What can I do to get myself out of this mess??? Many thanks..:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Re: Advice on 10K K&co Debt now passed to Lowells.

Somewhat changes the game when Lowell get involved but don't despair the Bods on here will help one Question to start Do you own your home?

Comment

Yes I do, I'm co owner with my soon to be ex husband.

Comment

Do you have a copy of the letter from k+co confirming no credit agreement exists? How much of the purported debt is goods and how much interest and charges added?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm afraid I didn't keep the correspondence from K&co I buried my head in the sand and hoped it would go away!!. I would say half the debt is interests and charges.

Comment

Okay, send a CCA request to them now with a £1 cheque/postal order. That's first job.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− 000000000000

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

NAME
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Next job is to send a full Subject Access Request under the DPA to K&Co, which should come back with a full transaction list showing all interest and charges applied throughout the history of your account. (I'll find a template for you)

Making a Subject Access Request letter

(Insert own address)
                (Insert date)

(Insert organisation address)

To the company secretary (if contact unknown),

Re: (insert name and current address)

I am writing to make a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998 for any personal information you hold about me (or include specific details about the information you require here).

(Insert any information you think the organisation will need to find your information and to confirm your identity. For example, your employer may need your payroll number, and a hospital may need your NHS number; other organisations may require a document bearing your signature for example your passport or your driving licence).

I have enclosed a £10 fee as required under the Data Protection Act.

I will look forward to receiving this information within 40 days.If you have any queries or questions then please contact me on (insert phone number/email address).

Yours faithfully,

(Insert own name)
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok I will get those sent off tomorrow thank you. I really dont want to be made bankrupt by these people, if i made an offer of a small payment a month do they have to accept it or would they still issue an SD anyway? I really do appreciate all the advice, thank you.

Comment

Roughly when did you open the account ? (year)

M1

Comment

it was opened in 2006, von.

Comment

So an electronic signature (tick box) would have been acceptable and legal.

M1

Comment

If I make a payment arrangement with them now will this all go away ?? , thanks, Von

Comment

I know it's scary vonny and maybe a payment plan would work for now, but if you don't stick to what's agreed you are right back where you started but in a deeper mess.
                            Please go with the advice that's given, those helping have either been through this or know what to do for the best, just keep calm and if it helps have a read around the forum and see how others have been helped and although it won't seem like it to you have been in deeper do dah .
                            Enaid xx

Comment

ok will do thank you. Ive just written CCA and SAR requests and will get postal orders today. von.

Comment

I thought if they could not produce a valid signed CCA and the account was opened pre April 2007 it was not enforceable in court (allegedly). I did not open the account on the internet, the first order was made over the phone in 2006. many thanks von.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X