• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

british gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• british gas

hi its my first post so cut me some slack if my grammer is off.i live in a 1 bedroom house whth e7 meter. have tested readings over 2 weeks .and realise i am getting charged ,wrong way round . r1 never moves during day till 12,.30 at night .r2 moves during day but only about 3kw .i have storage heaters only 2 but only use 1.contacted bg about it last year about meter being wrong way round.numerous phone calls to customer services dont get any help.asked to speak to an expert bg term that is.this expert aint got a clue he says meters cant be wrong .i say yes it is.contact again get put through to anita expert on energy meters (oh forgot to say i have readings for every couple of hours since the start. at least 3 weeks. today had 2 meter guys come .they agree its wrong . and change the meter .now what does all this mean.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ul7/Documents/Meter%20read%20history.htm[/IMG]meter reader 20/01/20012 fukk sake i have a cannabiss farm according to this
    Tags: None

Re: british gas

What it means is BG have to cancel all your bills back to when you first reported the problem and then calculate what you would have expected to use and hopefully give you a refund. However it might be the other way round. Most use more leccy during the day than at night, and if you were being charged nighttime rate for daytime usage you were possibly on to a winner. Hope you have record of past meter readings, and from now on only communicate with them in writing.
    Interesting to hear BG still claiming meters don't go wrong. About three years ago it took a lot of arguing to convince them I had not used £2500
    of power in a fortnight! My consumer unit would have melted with the power I was apparently using! Ended with £2750 refund and the high reading ignored and new meter installed

Comment

Re: british gas

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Interesting to hear BG still claiming meters don't go wrong. About three years ago it took a lot of arguing to convince them I had not used £2500
      of power in a fortnight! My consumer unit would have melted with the power I was apparently using!
      Crikey!

That beats my estimated bill from E-On of £2400 for a month of gas to just a central heating boiler - which had not been used at all that month!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X